Rockwell International 46-111 wood lathe value

I was wondering if someone could let me know what a Rockwell Inter. 46-111 wood lathe is worth. The prices that I have found are from a 1973 catalog, the lathe was $139.99, the lathe and stand was $199.99 and a 1/2 hp motor was $64.99. I haven't seen the lathe yet so don't know the condition so I am figuring avarage condition for everything, the prices that I come to are, lathe and stand: $75, motor: $15.00, tools: $5.00 all totalling $95.00. Is that a fare price or should I figure in something else? The seller is asking $350.

SNIP
I personally wouldn't touch that lathe for that price. You would get great utility value out of that lathe for $150... but I wouldn't pay more. It has a small (low torque) motor, very small swing (turnable diameter over the ways) and is not made for much more than light spindle turning. The castings, although nicely finished, are lightweight and prone to flex. Can you tell I have some personal experience with this lathe?
It was a nice little lathe in its time, but it is simply too light weight for someone that wants to really get out and turn all manner of things on a lathe.
I think your money would be better spent with a Jet mini or something similar, and you will still have some money left out of the $350 asking price to buy some more tools.
Robert
mountainGJ wrote:

Although I haven't seen that lathe for sale, there were two locally that you can browse the ads for. Maybe that'll give you some basis of comparison. These ads are from Ottawa Canada.
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-tools-equipment-Rockwell-Wood-Turning-Lathe-W0QQAdIdZ32975142 and http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-tools-equipment-Rockwell-woodworking-lathe-W0QQAdIdZ35683669
The second one has some tools included.
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.
:

I would sure take another look at that first one. It is a dead ringer for the 46-111. It may be a variant, but that is essentially the same lathe.
The reason you don't see that old lathe anymore is that they quit making them about 30 years ago when Rockwell got out of the medium sized shop tools and went to a mix of all professional heavy duty tools, and all consumer junk.
Robert

Thank you for your suggestions and input. I really appreciate it. I think, unless the seller comes down with his asking price to around $100, I'm going to look elsewhere. I'm new to using lathes and don't have a lot of money but I also don't want to pay $350 for something that is over 30 years old and possibly a piece of junk.
Thanks again, Gary
SNIP
Gary - I am sure we are all glad to help as we can. But if you are still following this, get over to the woodturning newsgroup:
rec.crafts.woodturning
It is carried by just about everyone and is dedicated to turning. The archives are great and are easily searchable with Google.
Robert

Thank your the heads up. At your suggestion I am now a subscriber ot rec.crafts.woodturning. I'll look around and see what I can find.
Gary