Rockwell/Delta 37-315 Jointer Questions

I have an old style Rockwell/Delta 8" jointer model 37-315 (serial # ED4541) that I could use some assistance with.
1. The tables are no longer co-planer. The infeed table is high on the leading edge (opposite the cutter head). I'm looking for a factory service manual and/or instructions on how to re-align the tables with one another. I'm hesitant to dive into the set screws and shims without any guidance
2. Does anyone know if there is a service center in the U.S. that will regrind the tables with the base as indicated in the old parts list (got this from the Ace Tool Repair site). In case I wanted to do this, didn't know if it was even possible.
Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated.
Get the book "Care and repair of shop machines" by John White. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
Thanks for the tip!
Tom wrote:

MikeM wrote:

1968 is old? :-)

There are three service manuals at this link. You'll want the third (newest) as you have the longer tables on your jointer. Don't be put off that it's a couple years younger than your machine.
http://owwm.com/MfgIndex/Publications.asp?ID 41
To tell you the truth I'm not sure the manual deals with table shimming.

Usually this is done by a local machinist. Find a good one and you've found a friend.

You might want to be consulting the text on this one. In this case it would be the words of David Eisan.
http://www.owwm.com/FAQ/Default.asp
UA100
You are right, the manual doesn't discuss shimming. Thanks for the links....and the David Eisan article was very usefull.
Thanks!