Rockwell 28115 Band Saw -- Comments

Hi,

I have the chance to buy a Rockwell 28115 10" band saw. The saw is in very good condition and the price is $135 CDN, about $100 USD.

Can anyone comment on the quality of this saw. I am running out of room in my garage and I am looking for a good quality saw that does not take up too much room. I have done some checking around and it does not look like replacement parts are difficult to find.

I just want to make sure that this saw is worth the cost, and that there are no surprises.

Thanks for comments.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Colic

"Alex Colic" wrote in news:FZGKc.2843$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

So, do you really want a bandsaw?

Is this one big enough to do what you want to do?

Can you afford to make a mistake with $135 CDN? Would you be willing to put up with the hassle of selling it to someone else, if it turns out not to meet your needs?

Would you rather take a $600 chance on a new one?

Surprises are part of what makes life interesting.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Hello there,

Check to see if it is the little POS with the plastic tires, if it is, pass. Check out some of the old Rockwell/Delta catalogues on,

And try to post a link to which model it is for us to take a look at.

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Reply to
George

Yes I really do.

Since I have never had a band saw before I don't know. That is why I am asking.

Sure, but why go through all that, if I can post here and get user's opinions on the band saw. Maybe someone has one and dose not like it, or someone does. their opinions matter. Is it reliable? How user friendly is it? etc.

No

Reply to
Alex Colic

built pretty well. $100 seems a little high, but you say it's in good shape. can you fire it up and cut some wood on it? that will tell you a lot.

Reply to
bridger