Rockwell 28-303 Engaging drive?

I got a 28-303 in nearly new condition for $150. SN 83h11146 which I assume based on other Delta tools indicattes that it is an 83 model. I do not understand how to engage the motor. I see a large pulley with a knurled knob and a belt that goes to the small step of the motor pulley . I see another belt that goes from the large step of the motor pulley and to the small step of the input shaft of the transmission.

If anyone has a manual to copy that would be great. If no manual then an explaination of how it is supposed to work. I did download the parts pdf from Delta but it does not explain to me how it works. Maybe if I print it it will make more sense.

Thanks Jim

Reply to
Jim Behning

If you call up Delta they'll send you a manual and tell you the born-on date, gratis.

If it's anything like my older 28-380, you push the knob all the way in for the metal-cutting gearbox, or pull all the way out for wood-cutting direct drive. The mechanism is prone to clogging up so it might not move readily.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Reply to