Rockwell 24" scroll saw

I have a chance to purchase an old rockwell 24" scroll saw.

I am wondering if there is any problems getting blades for an older saw.

The blade seems to be 5" with out a pin. (From Photo)

Does anyone have this saw?

Thanks Rick

Reply to
Rick Cox

They are a grand old saw, wish I had one just to have a piece of history. They use coping saw blades. Just knock the pins out.

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

I don't have that saw, but if it takes 5" plain-end blades, you will have no problem getting them. If possible post the model number and I (or someone) may be able to confirm the blade type.

Reply to
Joe Wells

Rick:

Old Woodworking Machines:

one document for a 24 inch scroll saw from Rockwell:
this is your saw, be sure to read up on the oil needs and maintenance needs.

It looks like any 5 inch scroll saw blade might work. Google search for scroll saw blades. I don't think I would try any blade less than a #5 or maybe a #3 to start off with. There could be a problem with the blade clamp pressure with an old scroll saw blade clamp.

Be aware, the two best blades (Flying Dutchman and Pegas) are both made to a convenient rounded off metric size. Blade tension range on some older Delta / Rockwell cannot accommodate the extra length. Electrical Lineman's pliers can snip off the extra apx. 1/8 inch and then file away the bur.

Parts drawing could (might) be at the Delta / PG / DeWalt/ etc web site:

actually get into the technical parts drawing database area you have to register and login. You will need the part number.

Phil

Reply to
Phil-in-MI

There is another trick that you can do. You can use a saber saw blade in the bottom blade holder.

Reply to
Richard L. Rombold

Thanks for your posts. It actually ended up being a Delta Miluawkee I did purchase the Scroll saw for $120.00 I will post the photos on abpw

Thanks for all your help.

Reply to
Rick Cox

Reply to