Rockler price gouging

Page 2 of 2

Prometheus wrote:

Apples and oranges. I was asking about retrofitting the standard 690PK (Fixed base and plunge base) motor to the D-Handle so we have to add around 5'-6' to that measley 6" of cord you have<g>
Maybe we could just set the depth and then wrap the cord around the router and make it a nice cushioned grip?
They're like any store, uou just need to shop around..
I picked up a Delta 28-206 BS from Rocklers (N.Hills area of Pittsburgh) for $459 last month. Plus, with a promotion they had going on I got a $50 gift card to boot. Amazon has it for $549, still $60 more once you add sales tax. Besides you would pay 'Use Tax' if purchased from amazon, right ;)
Most of their wood is overpriced however, but, again some deals are to be had. ...they usually have S3S RO for $3.90/ bf, I think soft maple was the same about price.
Not bad for small quantities, when you need it now.
Ron
Ron says...

For domestic woods, do some shopping around in rural areas. Ask contractors or wholesalers where to get retail wood. Chances are they won't say HD or Lowe's. I found this little gem of a place that sells s4s white oak for $2.50/bf, walnut $3.93, cherry $4.56, etc. Incredibly nice three man operation. Now when I go there, the guy in the mill will point out the latest and greatest woods. Last time he just finished milling some absolutely gorgeous walnut. They don't take credit cards and I never leave with any cash in my pocket.
Were you the guy that got the last one in stock? If so, I was there too, lol.

Actually, it was the last one, in stock at the time. Ron

Even cheaper at Coastal Tools. Amazon is price gouging I guess. Seems to be quite a difference, b ut that is what is so great about America. You can go elsewhere. That is also what is so great about Coastal Tools, I can get good prices nearby.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome /