Rockler Dovetail Jig

There has been some discussion recently regarding dovetail jigs. The Rockler Dovetail Jig has been noted as being the same jig as the one offered by Harbor Freight. I'd like to point out that the Rockler jig is not from the same manufacturer as the HF jig. The Rockler jig has some features which are important to note which distinguish it: - a wider body which gives more stable jig and more room for larger, easier to grip knobs. - a sandpaper type grip under the bars for a better grip of the wood. - one piece side stops which are faster and more accurate than a two piece stop set up. - side stops that can be adjusted without needing to remove the clamping bars - the jig accepts a through dovetail template which adds to it's versatility.
Steve Technical Support snipped-for-privacy@rockler.com Rockler Woodworking and Hardware www.rockler.com
Steve, Thanks for your post. I enjoy reading responses from the industry as much as I do those posts from the consumers/users out there. Marc
marc rosen wrote:

WOW, they really do read our posts! That's reassuring. I have the Rockler dovetail jig and I can attest to it being much better built and of stronger material and better quality then the HF. But it's still built in China. Then what would you expect for $60.00.
Wonder if Black and Decker reads this newsgroup? hehehehe
shut up Leon, no need to reply, your on my Killfile and Plonked. Your replies don't score high enough to even show up on my screen!
RV
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"