Rockler clamp sale- Major dissatisfaction

Page 3 of 3
snipped-for-privacy@TAKEOUTmindspring.com wrote:

I kind of wonder about the " snipped-for-privacy@woodworking.com" address though.
address though.

Or the fact that it was posted from google... Path: <deleted>!uunet!dca.uu.net!ash.uu.net!wns13feed!worldnet.att.net!199.218.7.1 41!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.com!not-for-mail
-j
J wrote:

This looks pretty legit to me, notwithstanding the Google post, and the fact that snipped-for-privacy@wooodworking.com isn't listed on the net anywhere. First of all, if you do a reverse lookup of the NNTP-Posting-Host (12.40.187.194), which I believe is set by Google and not spoofable (or at least not trivially so), you'll find it resolves to "rocklercompaniesinc.com," which seems to have the same mailing address, etc. as rockler.com, and to have been registered in 1995. So, if this is a hoax, it's a very good one.
Of course, we won't know for sure until someone talks to their local store and confirms this policy.
-BAT

I am wondering why the store manager did not have the foresight to recommend ordering the clamps for the customers that missed out instead of letting the situation get out of hand in HIS store. Are the store managers limits of authority a bit too limited???

They are. But it's a far flung organization, in specialty retail, and that's not at all unusual.
Purchasing and stock levels are pretty tightly centrally controlled.
Patriarch
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Dale) wrote in

My Bessy kit arrived Thursday from Amazon for $105.87 and is now proudly hung upon my scrap beech clamp rack.
Alan