Rockler Biscuit Quality Report

O.K., I was putting a finish of wiping varnish on SWMBO's orchid table and got bored waiting on it to dry. So I broke open one of the bags of Rockler $4.48 biscuits and decided to separate them into piles of loose, tight, and just right. Baby Bear would be proud.
Here are the test results using a PC577 Type 3 plate joiner: In a bag of 250 #20 biscuits, there were: -------------------- 23 too tight 107 just right 124 loose 2 broken ------------------- 256 total
I took one of the both broken and loose biscuits, wet it, and inserted it into the slot. After about 30 seconds, it took a pair of channel locks and the application of great force to pull the biscuit from the slot. I'd say the bags are keepers, overall. Repackaged them in labeled zip-lock freezer bags with a bag of desiccant.
You know, now that I think about it, it wasn't boredom that precipitated the execution of this precision test procedure, it was the varnish fumes...<G>
FWIW,
Greg G.
Dude, put a tv in the shop and watch Judge Judy reruns!!!
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
Jerry Gilreath said:

Actually, I have one - but I could never watch Judge Judy. Stargate SG-1 or Norm reruns maybe... I believe I was watching "The Shield" at that time...
Actually, the impetus for test was the common suspicion that certain brands of biscuits are too thick (PC) or too thin. Improperly fitting biscuits are not good biscuits. Separating them into groups of loose, tight, and just right speeds the selection process when doing quality glue-ups. Have a sloppy slot, use a thicker biscuit. Got a tight slot, use a thinner biscuit.
FWIW,
Greg G.
Hey at least he got the broken ones out of there first. I usually only find broken ones when Im reaching blindly in my little till I keep them in while holding parts together with the other hand and a glue brush between my teeth!
Jim
<Greg G.> wrote in message

You need a hobby.
RB