Rockler

I'm not sure it's not the right word. I can imagine Rockler's CEO writing in the annual report:

"Because of their high perceived-value, the demand for, and our retail-markup on Rockler Glue Brushes and Rockler Bench Cookies (TM) has been absolutely-outstanding! For many of our franchisees, these play a decisive role in their ability to remain viable. We will be offering several new products, aimed at offering an even greater level of satisfaction and convenience to our customers, which we are eager to release early in the coming fiscal year!...".

I tried to explain to them that I wasn't as worried about the money for the engagement ring, as much as I was about its consequences! Things bascially worked out in my favor though! : )

Reply to
Bill

I like to think it works both ways. I brought some of me and my house onto the Usenet, and vice-versa. Time goes by too fast to put up lots of walls.

Reply to
Bill

Iffen it's glue brushes or paint brushes you're needin', me lad, here y'are:

Super cheaparse stuff

(glue)

Fair to middlin'

(glue or paint)

Fair to middlin'

(paint or finishes)

EXCELLENT glue brushes

Reusable, too. I preferred the old pure nylon style, but these are good as well.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS: 39687/8/9 "pro" brushes. NEE!

These are the worst brushes I've ever used in my _life_, and I've bought lots of cheap brushes in my time. Run away! Run away! Run away! Run away! Run away! Run away!

-- The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often than not, unconsidered. -- Andre Gide

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Whassa beer summit? And why would an ex-drunk like me want to participate?

On a hangover, the limit is one per person per day. (Any more and you're either still drunk or doing something very, very wrong.)

-- The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often than not, unconsidered. -- Andre Gide

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I love sillycone in the kitchen. The new spatulas are wunnerful.

PE is like that, too. It's nice!

-- The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often than not, unconsidered. -- Andre Gide

Reply to
Larry Jaques

LOL -- Does the "hair" fall out???

Reply to
Bill

I don't have a problem with big markups. As pointed out, on low cost items it is needed to cover the cost of stocking them. What does bug me though, is when you see something re-purposed. A tool in the hardware stores goes for $5, but the same exact tool in a kitchen or craft shop may be selling for $15.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

No, it just goes limp (al dente) with waterborne OR oil-based paints. Weird!

-- The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often than not, unconsidered. -- Andre Gide

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Take your pretentious ass somewhere else I am not in the mood for some crap from you.

Reply to
Markem

Who the hell are you?

Reply to
Bill

A person who has been using Usenet since 94. One who does not like your holier than thou attitude. A person who is ready to use the full color of the English language to express that dislike if I choose. You see I can do that here. There is not anything you can do to stop me from doing so.

Reply to
Markem

You're threatening to threaten him?

Reply to
Dave

A threat would involve doing physcal harm in my view. Expressing my dislike of him is hardly a threat and I believe that falls within my rights a an individual.

Reply to
Markem

Welcome to the wreck, where heaping abuse on posters is de rigueur.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:01:32 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)

Har! That's funny. Probably true, but funny anyway.

I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. Thanks I needed that! :)

Reply to
Dave

You left out, where complaining, about the unknown, is common place.

Reply to
Leon

Probably not, I own Festool tools. ;~)

I don't laugh but it most often makes my portfolio look better. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Swingman does introduce me to his neighbors as his partner that he met on the internet. ;~O

Reply to
Leon

Yabbut, you said you were a French model ... bahn jyour! LOL

Reply to
Swingman

You two are finally out of the closet, eh?

-- I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. -- Anna Quindlen

Reply to
Larry Jaques