Rockler

Could he have possibly been agreeing with, and reinforcing, exactly what you said?

Have another beer, Mike. LOL

Reply to
Swingman

And yet I had to explain this to you....

Reply to
Leon

It's not a matter of preference. It reminds me of when I gave up smoking.

Get over yourself.

That's not a problem. I'm humble.

I would love to be able to eat out on occasion, but I can't due do dietary restrictions (food additives, artificial flavors and preservatives). It makes travel inconvenient. But it eliminates my need to consider whether I can afford to pursue woodworking, as Leon suggested I might do.

Reply to
Bill

I was just backing up buddy! LOL

Reply to
Leon

A'yup LOL.

Reply to
Leon

No, you didn't. That was my point. You made an inference because I wrote two sentences next to each other that they were directly-related. Then you brought out the F word, which we don't use in my house.

Reply to
Bill

Here is my post, rewritten:

Besides being cheap, foam brushes come in multiple sizes.

My last two times through Rockler's cashier, I was offered a glue brush. The first time I asked hesitantly, "are they free?" and it was explained that they were $4.99 (IIRC). I passed. I later realized that they were too small for most of my purposes anyway.

The markup on those must be outstanding...same as the bench cookies. Next thing you know, Harbor Freight and Rockler may join forces.

[The markup had nothing to do with my refusal! -- I already had 2 bads of foam brushes at home!!!]

I think it would make the store Alot more exciting if they were a little bit more like a woodworking school. If they offer the right things I'll spend, but I'm not talking about a glue brush or a bench cookie! I'm not interested in turning a pen either! : ) Some visitors seem to enjoy seeing the carvers there on Saturday morning--I've seen them ask.

Reply to
Bill

Well my wife and I sent our son through college and masters degree school. He graduated in the Spring of 2010. LOL. We have been debt free since 1997. I was 42 at the time and retired. We pay cash for everything, including the house we bought 20 months ago, unless the interest that is offered is zero percent interest. I am not giving up Uverse and choose not to. BTY our son owns his home and will have it paid for by the end of next year if all goes as planned. He bought the house almost 2 years ago. Not bad for a 25 year old.

I did not study economics in college.

Reply to
Leon

Done. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Bill you naturally assumed a particular F-word, it could have been any F-Word but that is where you went with it. Any way I apologise for getting up in your face but it is some what offensive to those of us that do spend money on items that you think are comically priced.

And yeah for an economics major you seemed to have forgotten a lot. What you find comical about retail pricing is pretty much 101 in most any type business degree.

Reply to
Leon

Yes, because cable gives you cancer. Still doesn't explain why somehow it takes "balls" to give up an entertainment choice.

What does that have to do with being value conscience?

Reply to
-MIKE-

Crap... we're gonna have to put you in the next beer summit! :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Ok, Outstanding is still not the right word. :~) Nothing outstanding about an ordinary practice that has been used for many many years.

Perhaps, mark up on those "glue brushes" must be more than on a TS.

And still I wonder why you chose to bring that up? Don't go near a jewelery store. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I'd love to do that but I really need to go to Swingmans house when that happens. LOL I need a more personal experience. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

What you guys do with each other in the privacy of his bedroom, um I mean house, is your business... I don't judge. :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

LOL. Speaking of which ...

You seem to have the skill set necessary to put it together. WTF are you waiting for??

Just kidding, I would love to do that again, and participate in a fiduciary way, or otherwise, particularly if we can get Rob and Han, and C_less this time, and anyone else here who wants to participate.

For you Luddites, this is Google Hangout territory, Honk if you ken ...

Mike, is there a limit on a Hangout?

Reply to
Swingman

Yep.

I started off with that, and felt the need to finish it even though I ened up doing more in computer science. My parents helped me get that far, at least for tuition.

Then after working a few years, I put myself through a MS and PhD in math. My hiring institution encouraged me to pursue a MS in computer science in my spare time (one of the busiest periods of my life).

You and I are about the same age. I could not retire at 42! (nice...)

If you were a Comcast customer instead of a U-verse customer you might feel differently. Of course, I remember when ATT charged me about $80 to turn on my phone service. Comcast tries to charge all of their customers differently--complain about pricing and you'll find that they are "running a promotion". You would notice that they just want to keep "raising those prices", charges for this, charges for that. They are even inventing new (home security) services. In cancelling my service, I am just reaccessing my needs. I ordered a linkstick (usb device) for my tv yesterday in case we wish to try downloading a video. I anticipate buying a "leaf indoor antenna" to get the local stations and PBS (which is mostly what we watch anyway!). I'm saying, to heck with Comcast's incessant price increases. I don't appreciate the "pressure". I'll tell them that it's "just business", which is close to what they tell me when they send out their new prices every February, or so. Incidentally, thats the only chance you gets to see all of their prices. At least, they are not available online anywhere. I expect they are required to disclose their prices by law. I don't want to send my money to a company that does business in that fashion. I'm cutting them back to $62.95/mo, plus taxes! : )

Reply to
Bill

As soon as someone sends *me* some beer , I'll get right on that. :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

Well, WTH does WTF mean???

it could have been any

Following your logic/economics, your decison of whether to buy something or not should have nothing to do with My perceived value of it (or whether I find its pricing humorous or not!) :)

You could laugh out loud about what I have been spending on wood carving gouges, but at least they are made out of good steel! ; )

Humor is all in the eye of the beholder. I laugh when the price of gas shoots up! ;)

Reply to
Bill

Then perhaps Usenet is not the medium you should be using.

Reply to
Markem