Robin Hartl - the real story about leaving Hometime

Look it up on the web, though. I think Amazon carries it, well, some site that has feedback. The feedback was horrible. And not just one or two.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

I've never seen one...never used one...but I can guaran-damn-tee that the thing melts the solder only and doesn't heat the joint up enough to "tin" it. This results in a "cold solder joint" and in a few weeks it will be corroded and lose electrical contact. Don't waste your money.

message

Reply to
Chuck Hoffman

I have looked at them and they are made in a similar way but the HD model is not as heavy duty as the LG. Also they make

2 sizes 13ft and 21ft? I think..Not sure exactly how high they become as stepladders, never seen one opened at HD. The LG model they show is 7ft as a stepladder and 17 ft as an extension ladder. I have no problem standing with my feet across the 2 top rungs 7ft off the ground if need be. The HD also dont come with the platform to stand on or to put stuff on or that acts as a brace when in scaffold mode.. the 13 cost $99 the 21 cost $198? or so. If the shorter ladder works for you and you cant spring for the LG get the HD model. LG also makes a version that looks more like the lighter duty HD model for less than the infomercial priced one.
Reply to
ROBMURR

Naturally, more money. But I would prefer the more exposure part better. Speaking of more, anyone seen the new commercial with JoAnne in it. Guess her metabolism slowed some huh!

Reply to
Brent Beal

Don't forget, the original infomercial guy, Ron Popeil, is from the Hartford area!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

check the archives of rec.crafts.metalworking. There was a thread on this in the last few months. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Thanks for the reply. I was kind of interested in the 21 ft. gorilla ladder (18' 11" useable length - the 21' is the total combined length of the 4 sections) as it makes a little better than a 9' step ladder while the 17' LG only makes a 7' step. Of course I could go with a bigger LG to get a bigger step. I did set the Gorilla up as a step ladder and climb to the top and it was solid. However, if the LG is significantly more heavy duty I may have to consider it. Any idea id the LG platforms would fit on the Gorilla ladder?

Dave Hall

Reply to
Dave Hall

Joe Gorman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Got one for X-mas. Tried using it once, ended up getting out the soldering iron and promptly gave it to someone I didn't like very much.

Coth

Reply to
Cothian

Ron gets mentioned on a regular basis by Colin McEnroe on WTIC.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Come on....really! Who gives a rat's ass how many times it's posted? Get a life!

Reply to
tng1949

tng1949 wrote in news:df83e$55f48e91$cf3aab60$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

LOL. You're bitching about a message from January 2005. Don't you think the guy bitching about a 10 year old message is the one who really needs a life?

John

Reply to
John McCoy

I believe that thread was dead dead dead till you resurrected it.

Reply to
Markem