Rob Sekeris, RIP

Page 1 of 2
Rob passed away this morning at 11:34, 12/29/2012.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 12/29/2012 2:58 PM, Swingman wrote:

RIP Rob, you will be missed.
--
Froz...

Being a relative newcomer, and infrequent poster, I didn't get to know him very well, even by "online" standards. But he was quick to offer patient, useful advice to a novice like me and showed a keen wit as well. When I asked for advice about hook and loop sanders, he might have simply said that not all pads and paper adhere equally well. But isn't the following just so much better?:
"The Festool H&L grabs Mirka Abranet like dog snot to a screen door,some of the pads on other sanders, such as Ridgid, not so much. "
My loss for not having become better acquainted with him, and my condolences to his family. He will be missed in woodshops scattered around the globe.
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 12:38:22 -0800 (PST), Greg Guarino

Damnit.
So long, Toy. We'll miss the hell outta ya.
-- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.
On 12/29/2012 1:58 PM, Swingman wrote:

Very sad news. Rest in peace, "Robatoy." I'm a better man for having met you.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Wow... It is sad to loss one of the long time regulars who made a positive contribution to the rec.
John
"Swingman" wrote:

--------------------------------------------------- I'm sure he made it into heaven a half hour before the devil knew he was dead.
Fair winds "Robatoy".
Lew
"Swingman" wrote:

--------------------------------------------------- Rob sure had it pegged.
When I talked to him about a week before Christmas, he said, "Hospice isn't at the door yet, but we're taking it one day at a time."
"May make Christmas, we'll see about New Years."
Lew
On 12/29/2012 2:58 PM, Swingman wrote:

That sucks. I will miss Robatoy, he was a regular on the binaries, always displaying nice work. Nice guy, talented, his signs were works of art.
My deepest sympathies to his family.
I wonder if that is why I am in the shop for the first time in a long time working wood. I started a little after 12..

I too was in the shop doing some cleaning and organizing. Perhaps I also have Robatoy to thank.
Sleep well, Rob. You will be missed, and condolences to your family.
Jim in NC

Like others have said, Rob was always willing to explain to a relative newcomer to woodworking the pros and cons of different tools and materials. We kidded him a lot about living in the "Banana Belt". I will miss him.
Steve
On Dec 29, 7:36pm, "-Steve-" <rendar~at~cheerful~dot~com> wrote:
giganews.com:

Yup. Guys like that make me feel like maybe, just maybe, I can do some of that stuff too. Speaking of which, without being maudlin, Robatoy seems like a guy who "did stuff". "Doing stuff" seems like an awfully good idea for those of us who don't expect to live forever. Sure beats looking back on a life spent staring at a tiny screen. As I often tell my daughter and my nephews, there's a whole three-dimensional world out there waiting to be seen, heard and touched. And it displays itself at 100-G speed, with no buffering. Some of it can even be shaped into other things. A few wooden bits of that world are about to arrive in my garage tomorrow morning, ready to (with any luck) become furniture.
Thanks again to Rob, and to all the rest of you.

Hey Swing, I had to read more posts to see who this was. I never knew Robatoy's full name and I am really saddened to read of his death. Damn, I had not seen him posting for several months and just figured he was staying away from this group for better reasons. This news is very disturbing. Marc

Damn, that sucks.
2 thoughts.
1) In spite of his many talents, he did not escape the grim reaper.
2) None of the rest of us will either.
Damn, I feel old.
Rest in peace Robatoy. You will be missed.
Sorry to hear this news. He was a heck of a nice guy and had a great sense of humor.
He will be missed.
On 12/29/2012 11:58 AM, Swingman wrote:

He will be missed. Rest in peace robotoy.

Sad to hear this news. Only just returned to the Wrec. RIP Robotoy you will be missed pass on my condolences to family.
Rgds, Phil.

Sad news. Condolences to his family.
He certainly was a great contributor here and shared his knowledge freely.
Swingman wrote,on my timestamp of 30/12/2012 6:58 AM:

Aye! Another one that goes. My sentiments to the family if anyone is in close contact.
On 12/29/2012 1:58 PM, Swingman wrote:

Gone in body but with us in spirit.