Rob Sekeris, RIP

Rob passed away this morning at 11:34, 12/29/2012.

Reply to
Swingman

RIP Rob, you will be missed.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Being a relative newcomer, and infrequent poster, I didn't get to know him very well, even by "online" standards. But he was quick to offer patient, useful advice to a novice like me and showed a keen wit as well. When I asked for advice about hook and loop sanders, he might have simply said that not all pads and paper adhere equally well. But isn't the following just so much better?:

"The Festool H&L grabs Mirka Abranet like dog snot to a screen door,some of the pads on other sanders, such as Ridgid, not so much. "

My loss for not having become better acquainted with him, and my condolences to his family. He will be missed in woodshops scattered around the globe.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Very sad news. Rest in peace, "Robatoy." I'm a better man for having met you.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Wow... It is sad to loss one of the long time regulars who made a positive contribution to the rec.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

--------------------------------------------------- I'm sure he made it into heaven a half hour before the devil knew he was dead.

Fair winds "Robatoy".

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

That sucks. I will miss Robatoy, he was a regular on the binaries, always displaying nice work. Nice guy, talented, his signs were works of art.

My deepest sympathies to his family.

I wonder if that is why I am in the shop for the first time in a long time working wood. I started a little after 12..

Reply to
tiredofspam

I too was in the shop doing some cleaning and organizing. Perhaps I also have Robatoy to thank.

Sleep well, Rob. You will be missed, and condolences to your family.

Jim in NC

Reply to
Morgans

Swingman wrote in news:8oadneOCx6Lz1kLNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Like others have said, Rob was always willing to explain to a relative newcomer to woodworking the pros and cons of different tools and materials. We kidded him a lot about living in the "Banana Belt". I will miss him.

Steve

Reply to
-Steve-

Hey Swing, I had to read more posts to see who this was. I never knew Robatoy's full name and I am really saddened to read of his death. Damn, I had not seen him posting for several months and just figured he was staying away from this group for better reasons. This news is very disturbing. =20 Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

Damn, that sucks.

2 thoughts.

1) In spite of his many talents, he did not escape the grim reaper.

2) None of the rest of us will either.

Damn, I feel old.

Rest in peace Robatoy. You will be missed.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Sorry to hear this news. He was a heck of a nice guy and had a great sense of humor.

He will be missed.

Reply to
brian

He will be missed. Rest in peace robotoy.

Reply to
Dan Coby

Sad to hear this news. Only just returned to the Wrec. RIP Robotoy you will be missed pass on my condolences to family.

Rgds, Phil.

Reply to
<address_is

Sad news. Condolences to his family.

He certainly was a great contributor here and shared his knowledge freely.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Damnit.

So long, Toy. We'll miss the hell outta ya.

-- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

--------------------------------------------------- Rob sure had it pegged.

When I talked to him about a week before Christmas, he said, "Hospice isn't at the door yet, but we're taking it one day at a time."

"May make Christmas, we'll see about New Years."

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Swingman wrote,on my timestamp of 30/12/2012 6:58 AM:

Aye! Another one that goes. My sentiments to the family if anyone is in close contact.

Reply to
Noons

Gone in body but with us in spirit.

Reply to
Leon

R.I.P. Rob. I talked to you frequently online, but never got to meet you in person. My loss. This newsgroup will feel your absence for a some time to come.

Reply to
Dave