Rob offers his apologies.

Oh, really? So you're equating sleep deprivation with rape and murder?

Terrorists aren't covered by the Geneva Convention, which sets forth specific conditions that must be met in order to be covered. Armed men captured on the field of battle while wearing neither military uniform nor insignia don't meet those conditions.

I notice you snipped my question: Do you really think that life in Iraq under Saddam Hussein was comparable to life in the U.S. under George W. Bush?
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

What part of "torture is torture" is so hard to understand. You're either civilized or your not. I guess you've made your choice.

According to your own Supreme Court, that's not true.

Ask the Iraqis. A clear majority hate the Americans and want them to leave. They consider their life worse than before.
Mike
Michael Daly wrote:

What part of redefining torture to equate sleep deprivation with severe physical mutilation or injury is so hard for YOU to understand. Harsh interrogation is NOT torture.

According to the articles contained within the Conventions themselves, it IS true. Oh, and before you embarrass yourself further, you'd better read the entire opinion so you know what the Supreme Court really ruled. Quit relying on the popular liberal media.

Not really.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

You're not too bright are you? Isn't it the opinion of the one who is being interrogated? And in case you're not aware, sleep deprivation *can* have severe, long term effects, some more effecting than your opinion of torture is. Prolonged sleep deprivation can lead to death. How in your wildest imagination can you dismiss that as not being a form of torture?

And you'd know right? You've lived there and can testify first hand what it's like? And don't even think of trying to say something like you've fought there or have heard first hand experience, because even foreign soldiers, assuming they get through the ordeal, have a safe, supporting country to come home to after it's over.
Upscale wrote:

Since you're wearing blinders, I would guess that I'm bright enough to require you to cover your eyes, bubba.

Uh, no.

Uh, no.

'Cause hyperbole is easy to dismiss.

And you've lived and can testify first hand that the majority of Iraqis hate Americans, or that they consider themselves better of under Saddam, right?

Don't say it or .... what? You'll keep pissing on yerself? What a moron.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

It's really quite amazing how someone like you with a little bit of knowledge is truly dangerous. Try doing some reading for once in your life besides posting outlandish opinions. http://sleepdisorders.about.com/cs/sleepdeprivation/a/depandhealth.htm
Upscale wrote:

And it's amazing how someone with access to Google and NO knowledge is able to underscore their stupidity.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Actually, a moron in this case is defined by your obsession with displaying your lack of knowledge. It seems *all* you're capable of doing is jerking off at the sight of your online posts.
Bye now. There's no sense with continuing this discussion since you continue to fail in your attempts to have anything worthwhile to say, or contribute.
Upscale wrote:

A moron is defined by the obssesive compulsion to hump a leg, just the way you do whenever you see my name. Down, boy..

I guess your sleep disorder has kicked in. Come back when you know what you're talkin' about. (Hmmm...I guess that means it'll be a long time)
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com
wrote in message

I agree, sleep deprivation is a lot worse than death!

You have been dead before????

Yeah, no big deal.. still trying to overcome the after affects of that sleep deprivation though.
TBM wrote:

I'd rather be interrogated by our military - a very professional organization with lots of checks and balances - than ride with Ted Kennedy.
Dave Bugg wrote:

we'll never leave, that we want to establish permanent bases in Iraq.
-- It's turtles, all the way down
Dave Bugg wrote:

we'll never leave, that we want to establish permanent bases in Iraq.
Something else to put on our 51st quarter.

I don't have any trouble telling the difference between sleep deprivation, and murder. I'm sorry you do.

Perhaps you'd like to read the actual decision here: http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/05pdf/05-184.pdf and see for yourself that it does *not* say what you think it does. .

How would the Iraqis know what it's like in the U.S.?
I notice you dodged the question *again*: do you *really* think that life in Iraq under Saddam Hussein was comparable to life in the U.S. under George W. Bush?

Cite, please?
I'm not going to hold my breath waiting...
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

No more "Robs apologies for me... jeez I feel like I fell into a rush lemba (sp?) debate
Troy

So why the need to proclaim that? Was there some reason you couldn't just kill the thread quietly?
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

That's a damn lie. Someone who has been captured by persons other than his own countrymen becomes a protected person. That a protected person can be tried and punished for crimes comitted prior to capture, such as fighting in civilian disguise, does not change the fact that the person is protected.
It doesn't make any difference if the captive is a spy, sabotuer, 'terrorist', your grandmother or the worst war criminal since Joseph Mengele. Once captured, he is a protected person. The Geneva Conventions are not a license to commit attrocities.

Art. 4. Persons protected by the Convention are those who, at a given moment and in any manner whatsoever, find themselves, in case of a conflict or occupation, in the hands of a Party to the conflict or Occupying Power of which they are not nationals.
Note, "The Convention" refers to the 1949 convention, collectively, not to any one specific protocol of the convention. The only exception is for one's own nationals.
Further, under the 1949 GCs and under the US Constitution the President and Commander in Chief has no authority to decide which of the protocols is applicable to any particular person.
Now, as to the question that was posed, there is no doubt that we are much better off in America with Geroge W Bush as our President than Iraqis were in Iraq with Saddam Hussein as their president.
But that's the wrong question to ask, isn't it?
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

No, Fred, it's the truth.

Wrong. Fighting in civilian disguise changes everything.

That simply is not true.
--
Regards,