Rob offers his apologies.

Page 1 of 11
I am sorry. This may not have been the platform to point out that fuckwit Bush is the dirtiest/nastiest piece of shit to wander the face of the planet....but I digress.
He truly is a Christian man without fault?
I would wash his feet.
After that, I would look him in the eye.
Then I would rebuke him.
He would crumble upon the weight.
I would dust off my shoes and go looking for Cheney.

Oh, really? You honestly think he's worse than Saddam Hussein, Bashir Assad, Mahmoud Achmedinajad, Osama bin Laden, or Fidel Castro?

AFAIK, he has never claimed to be without fault.
[remaining garbage snipped]
Some apology.
http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Ya farkin' kiddin me???????
Jeebus, Doug... where-the-fark have you been?

OK, if he *has* ever claimed to be without fault, cite it.
I'm waiting....

Paying more attention than you have, I think... You've obviously let irrational hatred blind you to reality.
--
Regards,
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) writes:

I remember TV interviews where Bush said that he didn't make any mistakes in Iraq. I think that recently he now admits he made some small mistakes.

That's not the same as a generic claim to be without fault, which is the context I was responding to.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

The context was "I hate Bush". Since all political discussions are emotional arguments masquerading as logical ones, there's little hope of convincing the other party. He won't convince you, you won't convince him, so what's the point of the back and forth?
This would have been a good thread to have OT in the subject line, no?

Well, yes, but the specific context was this from Robatoy:
"He truly is a Christian man without fault?"
which in that context has a specific meaning that is entirely different from the question of whether he has made mistakes in his conduct of his job.
--
Regards,
On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 14:28:24 +0000 (UTC), Bruce Barnett

Well, given the fact that to answer that question, as phrased would have been the equivalent to answering, "so, when did you stop beating your wife?" There was no correct answer to the question. Had he made some comment regarding mistakes, the headlines the next weeks would have read, "Bush Admits Huge Mistakes in Iraq! War a Blunder!". It was just the sharks trolling for red meat, they weren't serious about finding problems and fixing them, only finding another way to bring scorn upon the administration. This 24/7 carping since 2000 has gotten way old, it's pretty obvious the other side and their accomplices in the media don't give a flyin' flip about the safety or security of this country, their whole reason for being is to find the next thing to chink away at the administration. It's not even subtle anymore. The good news is that the more they do it, the more obvious it is that the safety of this country can in no way be trusted to the opposition party.
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) writes:

But one question for which Bush was evidently not prepared invited him to name his biggest mistake since 9/11.
"I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it," Bush joked before taking a long pause.
"I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet."
Then came a meandering soliloquy that wandered from an affirmation of his decisions to invade Afghanistan and Iraq to his firm belief that former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction and the discovery of mustard gas on a turkey farm in Libya.
"I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't. You just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one," Bush concluded.
- April 13th, 2004
"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what believe I -- I believe what I believe is right." Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001.
"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004.

Like I said -- if he has ever claimed to be without fault, cite it.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

How DARE you bundle Castro, Ahmedinajad in the same breath as the fictitious Bin Laden? Where is Chavez in you bullshit arguement?
Just because a few leaders stand up to fuckwit Bush, don't make them the equal of Hussein.
Apples and oranges, Doug!!!

"the fictitious Bin Laden [sic]" ? Did you forget your meds this morning?

Chavez is just a loudmouthed nutjob who hasn't [yet] done anything that would place him in company with the others.

Answer the question, Rob: do you honestly think that Bush is worse than Saddam Hussein or Fidel Castro?
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Than Castro? Absolutely, no question.
Than Hussein? Toss up though I suspect Iraquis would say, "Bush".
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Doug Miller wrote:

Given his attitude towards torture, I'd say they're about the same.
Mike

Is there some code or rule someplace that requires anti-Bush tirades to be ignorant and stupid? To compare any approved Bush "torture" of which includes sleep deprivation, cold rooms , loud music, maybe water boarding (harmless but scary).... even including any and all of the unapproved nudity, ridicule and the big dogs at Abu Grraib...... to Saddams murderous and very public atrocities, his mass graves, approved rape, the tens of thousands of Kurds and Shiites murdered and imprisoned .....is just so over the top one has to wonder......Even though Saddam is responsible for over a million deaths including the Iranian and Kuwait war, one could still easily say it is not worth any American life or coin to stop such atrocities.... although it does make one wonder how many million must die before we should be concerned? Were we as equally wrong to use 50,000 troops and spend billions containing him in the decade prior? Rod
Rod & Betty Jo wrote:

Dilawar's hands were cuffed behind his back and chained to the ceiling. his feet were shackeled to the floor. He was struck in the legs until the muscles were pulverized, damaged beyond recovery. His shoulders were dislocated. He was denied food and water. After four days he died, still hanging from the ceiling.
At his trial, Willie Brand described DIlawar's treatment as "sleep deprivation."
Yes, OP's tirade was ignorant and stupid. So was your reply.
--

FF

Source?

Get a grip. Do you have *any* idea at all what went on in Iraq under Saddam Hussein? Do you *really* think that life in Iraq under Saddam was comparable to life in the U.S. under Bush?
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Torture is torture. Once you throw out the Geneva convention, you have lost any moral authority and you are no better than the scum you're combating. If you cease to remain civilized, the terrorists have won.
Maybe you should get a grip and realize just how much damage has been done to America's reputation in the world.
Mike