ripping triangular pieces for crown molding backing: possible without a table saw?

subject says it all, I don't yet own a table saw and I was wondering if I can manage without it for this job (I have to put up quite some crown molding around my house) or if the time has come to invest in it as well: given how things are I thought about going the triangular backing route to install it (so I don't have to worry about joists etc.) but I am at a loss about how to go in ripping triangular backing with a circ saw...
It's just that up to now I've been doing fine with circ+miter+jig saws and I'm really wondering if the table saw would just end up collecting dust after this project.
How about beveling the edges of some 1X, rather than the full triangle? The cheap saws at Lowes are priceless for this kind of stuff. Use a good blade, set the fence carefully, and get to work! Of course you could do it on a router table or with a circular saw. Wilson

some selct lumber is pretty fgiggin straight/flat/square. May even use 4x4.
-
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Blocks will work fine. Those, you can make with your chop saw.