Ripping Pressure Treated Wood

Never been a problem for me...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I've done a lot and never had any problems...some literally drips but I can't tell anything bad ever happened on either the PM66 or the 8" Delta jointer. It all goes to the DC anyway or will go to the trash can if you clean the shop manually.

I still fail to see the "problem" as a problem...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Why does it generate any more sawdust than any other cut? Answer--it doesn't.

Why does it put any more wear on a blade than any other rip cut? Answer--it doesn't.

None that I have seen wasn't...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Unless your lumber is extremely short ripping one in half produces a lot more more sawdust than crosscutting one in half.

Some people claim that PT puts more wear on a blade than non PT wood. I'm undecided myself, hence 'To the extent that'.

Me neither. But I ahve seen it reported here in rec.woowdorking.

Reply to
fredfighter

Well, DOH! :) You crosscut 1" of 2x material, you get same amount of sawdust as 1" rip cut of 2x material...

That it is said on usenet doesn't make it so... :)

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Yeah, I thought that was sort of obvious which is why I didn't explain in detail the first time around.

I quite agree as to what you say that reading something on UseNet doesn't make it true.

That the average human being only uses 10% of his brain is trivially observed by a casual perusal of UseNet articles.

Reply to
fredfighter