RIP Jim KcKay

If you're over 40, you get it...
<http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/more/06/07/obit.mckay.ap/index.html?cnn=yes
B A R R Y wrote:

Sorry to hear that, he was a class act.

B A R R Y wrote:

<http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/more/06/07/obit.mckay.ap/index.html?cnn=yes Shame they couldn't have used a picture of him without that toupee.
B A R R Y wrote:

of the ski jumper wiping out right before the end of the ramp.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Amen. Even if you take away the fact that he was so versatile, so articulate, and actually loved what he did, who in the sports casting field today would be considered his peer?
The knot headed nitwits we have on TV now were certainly never more accurately described when called "talking heads".
Robert
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Jim Nance qualifies in the gentleman aspect and is also very articulate, but not as versatile.

He would top my list as well. I miss Curt Gowdy.
Dave in Houston
On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 07:28:25 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

I suggest Al Michaels who is awesomely versatile, and Chris Berman, who is a one-man stats machine.
But I'd jaded about Mr. Berman... He did my high school's football games in the Naugatuck Valley League, on an AM station that barely reached the parking lot. <G>

All though he has limited his activity to one sport and one team, Vin Scully has been doing the broadcast duties for the Dodgers since the were still in Brooklyn.
Think he belongs on the list.
Lew