Rip Fence Upgrade

It's time to upgrade the fence for my saw. I've narrowed down my choices to the Vega, Delta Unifence and the Mule Accusquare. I have googled and found many adherents to each and have read the most recent comparison in WOOD magazine. I was initially leaning towards the Mule because of the price, but then read in the WOOD comparison about the relatively large amount of deflection this fence had and am having second thoughts.

For Mule owners out there, has this been a problem? If so, can you fix it easily? How about you Vega owners, would you buy it again?

TIA

Scott in KC

Reply to
Scott Lemonds

I have not had any problems with fence deflection with my Accusquare. I guess if I went to the other end and heaved on it I could probably get the thing to move. But then I always believed and used a fence as a precision guide tool and not something to apply my full body weight against. Also I suppose there is the possibility that the guide rail was not fastened in sufficiently thus allowing the extrusion to bend.

George Anderson

A very satisfied Accusquare fence owner since 1998

Reply to
George

I uprgade the my old crapsman contractors saw with the lower end Vega.

Two thumbs up. Smooth, solid, square. Excellent purchase. I think I paid about $170 about a decade ago.

Reply to
Stephen M

"> It's time to upgrade the fence for my saw. I've narrowed down my

initially leaning towards the Mule

Scott I have the unifence and the mule. Other that it takes a bit longer to get the mule off the rail I've not had any problems with it. The one thing I really like about the mule is I can add all sorts of attachments to it with the T slots, I just can't bring myself to drill holes all over the unifence. When I need to, I just move from the 5hp unisaw over to the 10" rockwell and do my cutting there. Mind you with a1750SQ' shop I've got room to do that . Good luck with any of the ones you buy.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Northey