Rip fence not square with table

Page 2 of 2
upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Assuming you mean what you said: | | side of fence | |----------------- table that angle not being exaxtly 90 degrees, I'm not sure there's much you can do about it and it's not likely to make much difference to anything anyway. For precision cuts you have to get out your ruler anyway, and for construction cuts who cares? I suppose you could grab a file and start modifying the handle accordingly, or grind it, but I don't see the problem. Especially since you included no useful detail other than a general statement about it.
Pop`

One should expect a fence to be square to the table. Most good fences have this adjustment to correct for squareness and getting precision cuts that are repeatable is not a problem when again using a decent fence. I have not used a tape measure to set up a cut in years unless cutting dado's on a left tilt.
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:31:31 GMT, "Leon"

The key words there are "good fences"- a TS300 does not have a "good" fence, it has an inexpensive fence. So you make it work, or get a new one.
upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Well, nothing is ever perfect...
If the fence is well-built (sides parallel to each other), then you can look for its attachment point to the slide/lock mechanism and file the attachment point to change the tilt. If it's 'way out of plumb, shimming (adhesive to hold the shim in place) can work, too.
It's unlikely Delta or the dealer will be happy about swapping parts, since the fence is functional, but they might have some ideas; the slide/lock takes its angular orientation from some surfaces that ride on the rail, and those surfaces might have some adjustability that isn't obvious.
IMHO a user should sharpen all the chisels he uses, and tune all the variables of his tablesaw. I'm even a little disappointed that carbide blades aren't home-resharpenable.
upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I took a look at a picture of the TS350.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
If you zoom in on the fence it sure looks to me that there are adjustment screws on the "wings" of the "T".
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:

Yeah, there's only one screw, though. It's on the right side, and it's for the ruler cursor. The two screws that you can't see (they're in the channel, facing the back of the saw) are to get the fence parallel to the blade.
Mike
upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Are you sure the pads that ride on top of the rail don't turn in/out somehow. The pads on my HTC fence are adjustable to make the fence perpendicular to the table.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:

Nope, the pads don't turn in/out. But I might be able to shim them. Good idea.
Mike