Rikon 18" band saw?

I'm looking at the Rikon 18" 2hp band saw, model10-345. It's onsale at Woodcraft for $999. ( http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyidR20 ) Do any of you have one? Know someone who has one? Just waanted some info about performance, reliability, etc.
Thanks for any input
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Bandsaw.htm
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com >

It comes with a 3/4" blade. It does OK. I plan on replacing it with a timberwolf 3/4" for resawing. I also have a 1/4" timberwolf that performs very good on this saw.

Depends on how tight of a curve you are cutting. I usually go with my 3/4" for everything unless the curve is tighter.

Thank you. It is taking a lot longer than I thought! This is my biggest project yet.

Nice appearance. Not an upgrade though IMHO. I bought one hoping to up grade from my smaller and older saw. I was not impressed, returned the saw 2 weeks later, and bought a better saw. If you have roller bearing guide experience you know what to except from them and you may be satisfied.