Rigid TS3650 Finally assembled!

Had to step back off the Griizly G0478 Hybrid 30A Service was a killer for me. But I'm equally happy with the Rigid it cuts true and I saved enough to get the 6" Planer.....

Assembly Time: 1.5 hours.and you'll need help to flip it with the wings on. You could do it alone but why bust a nut. I would only change a couple of things. First find another seller other then HD. Had to go to 2 stores, First store had 6 saws in inventory, only could find 4, but the saw comes in

2 boxes and the Rails are in 2 of 2, No frigging Rails, I wasted 90 minutes and that help couldn't care less, So I went uptown and walked in and a guy named Tom knew what and where everything was out in 20 minutes. As for the Saw, I'd add another coat of paint or two on the Chassis, come up with a better splitter and blade guard or better add a riving knife! Other then that I'm happy! The plus is it'll rip 36" stock, but you can easily re-align the rails farther south and get a good 48" rip.
Reply to
Tall Oak

If you don't mind me asking, how much was it? I'm getting a little ticked off at my current table saw and would like a new one. I've looked on homedepot.ca for that table saw but I can't find it. I have the Ridgid thickness planer and I'm quite happy it.

Reply to
efgh

You'll be very happy with this saw, but man, how'd you ever get it together in 1.5 hrs??? It's very stable and accurate, and the wheeled base is a blessing in a small shop. I would suggest you throw away the cheap mitre guage and spring for an Incra. The difference is like night and day. Despite the relatively light weight of the fence, you'll find it both square and solid in use.

Reply to
bob

Keep your eyes open for it to go on sale at HD. A month after I bought mine, they chopped the price by $200, and happily gave me the difference when I inquired. I think it went from $799 to $599 CDN.

Reply to
bob

My wife bought me one for Christmas last year. Paid ~$450. Took me about the same time to assemble. Dead nuts on right away, love it. But over the summer I was away and some water dripped on the table. The rust came right off, but there is a dark spot there now. Doesn't do anything to the performance, but I want my shiney top back. Anybody know a fix?

-Jim

Reply to
jtpr

Buy some Bartender's Friend at the grocery store, and then work on it using that and a scotch-brite pad. When you've got it as good as you're going to get, wax it with Johnson's Paste Wax. I don't have rust problems in my gar... uh, I mean shop.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

$546 -10% = $492.... My Wife is a Professional Complainer (lets keep that between us). We had to return a bent rail and missing the endcaps, so HD nocked off 10%. Rigid is sending the endcaps..

Reply to
Tall Oak

I am a Assembly pro..... I'm to old to run so now I time my "assembly performance". LOL The only real time spent is with the legs and the lift. The hardware was really well packaged, but I've spent so much time looking over the manual and doing my comparisons with Grizzly, Delta, Jet, Powermatic & General. So I pretty much knew what it was and where it went. That's where the time is saved, reading the manual and knowing the components saves more time then anything else. You also really only need two sockets and two wrenchs, and a philips. If I never looked at it before or had a mental picture it might have taken twice as long.

Reply to
Tall Oak

I got mine back in May. Same story with box 2 of 2 at HD. They had a new story open a couple of miles down the road, so when the local store could find box 2 of 2 I went there. They couldn't find box 2 of 2 until I pointed out it was right behind 1 of 2. Mine cost $550 plus tax with a $75.00 HD shopping card.

I'm not an assembly pro and the fasteners for the magic lift didn't match those indicated in the assembly instructions, even so I got it together in about 5 hours without help, which is about average for most of us.

Its a great saw. smooth and accurate.

Reply to
d2e2

Took me about 5 hours.

Still trying to figure out why they put the feet braces UNDER the motor in the box. I didn't find them until I installed the motor (the last thing you do).

Reply to
Locutus