Rigid Sliding CMS on sale... any good?

The Rigid 12" SCMS is on sale (maybe clearing them out?) and I was wondering if they are any good. It looks pretty solid, but I haven't found any reviews on them.

Also saw the new Rigid hand power tools while I was there and thought they looked pretty decent, but the prices are the same as the Bosch, Dewalt, Makita, etc. Can't see paying that for a less proven brand.

YJJim

Reply to
YJJim

The jig saw looks just like a Freud. haven't had time to research the rest of them

YJJim wrote:

Reply to
Mapdude

YJJim asks:

Got one. So far, only light use, but with a Freud 80 tooth blade, it gives glass smooth, accurate cuts.

Charlie Self

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." Theodore Roosevelt

Reply to
Charlie Self

Other than the color, they look almost like Dewalt's power hand tools and they're made in China at USA prices!

Reply to
WD

I find the locking lever on the front of the SCMS to be very difficult to use. I prefer the knobs that stick out and are easy to grasp. Other than that, I didn't notice much difference between this saw and ones from the other manufacturers. If you decide to buy it, be sure to try out this lever in the store.

As for their power tools, the jigsaw, 6" ros and hammer drill are made in Germany.

Reply to
AL

What sort of price are you seeing on that unit? My local HD had it for maybe $20 off the regular price.

The reviews of this unit have been pretty good.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

There were two in the store, on one the lever worked well, and on the other it was very hard to move. Seems like a good saw though and about $150 less than the dewalt.

Thanks, YJJim

Reply to
YJJim