RIGID Defunct?

I was reading a review of the Rigid Thickness Planer and the reviewer mentioned that Rigid (distributed thru Home Depot) was getting out of the wood machine manufacturing business. Has anyone else heard this....true or false?
Steve

I think it's possible that this topic has been discussed. Check out the archives a Google.
todd
todd wrote:

He may have better luck researching the company if he spelled their name correctly.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.BARF
Steve McDonald wrote:

Emerson Electric is no longer going to produce the Ridgid line of woodworking tools. The Ridgid line will be manufactured by Ryobi's parent corporation.
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Thank you to those of you with help on this question.