rigid brand tools

Page 2 of 2

<snippage>
Was in Home Despot the other night, got what I needed, but then was just taking the usual gander through the Tool Dept. There had been some recent talk on here about a Griz extension block fitting the Rigid band saw, so I was just taking a look . . . . Well, the top frame does look very similar to my G0555, so maybe. What tickled me though, is that whoever put the display model together apparently didn't read all the instructions. The blade guard between the top & bottom wheels, where the blade goes "up", was on backwards! They put the blade on first, then put the blade guard on OVER it, so you would have to remove the guard to change the blade. DUH!
--
Nahmie

I have the Ridgid BS1400 bandsaw from HD and that seems to be the correct assembly. In fact, mine arrived with the blade installed and that cover already in place as you described. The instructions for changing the blade include a step for removing the rear blade guard. While you may disagree with the design, it is not the fault of someone at the HD store putting it together wrong.
BTW, the brand name is Ridgid, not Rigid.

recent
similar to

display
guard
it,
I knew that, just stayed with "Rigid" to follow the OP.
Seems like an unnecessary step. I'm going to go back & check my G0555, but seems it came with the open side out on the *back* blade guard. I know that's the way the directions said to install the new guard when adding the riser kit. The guard is deep enough to prevent accidentally touching the blade under normal circumstances, and if the blade was in danger of coming out of the guard, then there's *other* problems to worry about.
--
Nahmie