Right newsgroup?

Hi,

I thought I'd drop in and sampel a few messages. All were on politics. Am I in the right newsgroup?

Reply to
Guess who

Seem to be.

Reply to
RonB

Actually, most of the threads here are woodworking-related. There are, however, a number of threads that get off-topic. If you need to learn how to ignore an entire thread, please consult the help file for your favorite newsreader.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

It's an election year here in the US. A lot of newsgroups are suffering from the same garbage. Ignore the garbage and sample the ones you are interested in. If you find they are helpful, then filter out the garbage with your newsreader's tools. You can filter the headings you don't want, which will filter all the subsequent threaded messages, or you can filter the sender (but you'll still see the responses), or you can filter both. The messages tend to stay on topic after that.

Reply to
willshak

Gotcha. Free Agent allows sorting by thread, lines or subject.I chose subject and its easy to delete them all together.

Thanks. I'll stick around then.

Reply to
Guess who

Guess who? Ok - I'll guess Burton Cummings or Randy Bachman. Did I get it?

Reply to
patrick conroy

No. The group you want is three flights up, last door at the end of the hall.

OBWW: The stairs and the doors are all wood as is the base, casing and crown. It's thought that there might be wood under the carpet but no one has verified this. The studs of course are wood as it is an older building.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Glad to have you.

If you can pony up the bucks for the pay version of Agent you will get the ability to filter. I have a set of filters than make all of the political and most of the other OT junk go away automatically. I haven't seen a political thread on here in 4 days (when one slipped past the filter).

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:26:52 -0400, Guess who calmly ranted:

Well, you can't spell "sample" and you're already whining about the content here. Yeah, you're in the right newsgroup alright.

Um, why, pray tell, didn't you offer up some woodworking content instead of whining "politics", Mr. Troll?

- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.

Larry Jaques

Two "l's" in sampell, are you sure?

Reply to
patrick conroy