Right newsgroup?

Hi,
I thought I'd drop in and sampel a few messages. All were on politics. Am I in the right newsgroup?
Seem to be.

Actually, most of the threads here are woodworking-related. There are, however, a number of threads that get off-topic. If you need to learn how to ignore an entire thread, please consult the help file for your favorite newsreader.
todd
Guess who wrote:

It's an election year here in the US. A lot of newsgroups are suffering from the same garbage. Ignore the garbage and sample the ones you are interested in. If you find they are helpful, then filter out the garbage with your newsreader's tools. You can filter the headings you don't want, which will filter all the subsequent threaded messages, or you can filter the sender (but you'll still see the responses), or you can filter both. The messages tend to stay on topic after that.

Gotcha. Free Agent allows sorting by thread, lines or subject.I chose subject and its easy to delete them all together.
Thanks. I'll stick around then.
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:37:47 -0400, Guess who

Glad to have you.
If you can pony up the bucks for the pay version of Agent you will get the ability to filter. I have a set of filters than make all of the political and most of the other OT junk go away automatically. I haven't seen a political thread on here in 4 days (when one slipped past the filter).
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:26:52 -0400, Guess who
Guess who? Ok - I'll guess Burton Cummings or Randy Bachman. Did I get it?
Guess who wrote:

No. The group you want is three flights up, last door at the end of the hall.
OBWW: The stairs and the doors are all wood as is the base, casing and crown. It's thought that there might be wood under the carpet but no one has verified this. The studs of course are wood as it is an older building.
UA100
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:26:52 -0400, Guess who

Well, you can't spell "sample" and you're already whining about the content here. Yeah, you're in the right newsgroup alright.
Um, why, pray tell, didn't you offer up some woodworking content instead of whining "politics", Mr. Troll?
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry. http://diversify.com
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:23:54 -0700, Larry Jaques

Two "l's" in sampell, are you sure?