Right Blade, Left Blade

Page 4 of 4

"Pat Barber" wrote in message

Unfortunately there are some panel saw setups, and jigs that use saw guides, that don't follow this convention with sidewinder circular saws, which can be confusing as hell, particularly to those of us who spent the preponderance of our circular saw lives with a left bladed, worm drive 77 in our right hands.
AAMOF, I have a commercial panel saw setup that if the motor on my Makita right bladed sidewinder was on the finished side, you couldn't use the guide to cut anything over 1/2" thick with it.
I bought the Makita because that damned 77 just kept getting heavier and heavier with each passing year. Now, besides being forced to use that sissy sidewinder, I have to scratch my head a time or two when it comes to using it in panel mode ... "Life gets teejus , don't It?"
... apologies to Carson Robison.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

I agree the old 77 gets heavier, but the MAG77 is a lighter. But, like you, it gets heavier every year! I just can't justify getting a sissified sidewinder yet! Maybe when I'm to old to lift the 77, I'll get the Makita wormdrive, it's lighter still.
Dave
Dave
About 5 years ago I did the EXACT same thing as your post above. I wonder how many "factory referb" blade left saws are out there?
It's interesting - places like HOme Depot won't stock the blade right saws - they only have blade left, so I went to buy it at Sears.
But I have cut with both types of saws, and I prefer the blade right as I am right handed.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

on 4/6/2005 12:22 PM USENET READER said the following:

Don't know about yours but I've seen both blade right and blade left at the BORG I've visited.
If you order on-line you'll find a wide selection of both right and left bladed, direct and worm drive saws by a variety of manufacturer's