Right Blade, Left Blade

Anyone care to argue about re-wiring a circ saw for 220?!!!

(This refers to an earlier post of mine...I inquired about re-wiring my jointer for 220 and five or six guys practically got in a knife fight.)

Reply to
Mark Cooper

But to be fair they DID brandish 12" planer knives off a DeWalt.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Can you just imangine how it would have looked had they been brandishing helical knives?

Reply to
Mark Cooper

Whirling Dervishes, or is that Dervi?

Bunch a crazy cut-ups!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

My partner and I do lotsa fences. Trimming posts to the same height puts the saw above my head or at eye level and trimming pickets the length of the fence even with the top rail so that another top tail can be added.

Reply to
Leon

The saw is to your right.

-j

Reply to
mogura

Oh. I would get the lighter Makita worm drive. Dave

TeamCasa

Hehe ... There should also be a law in Doug's state that he must post his whereabouts during deer season. ;>)

Reply to
Swingman

Yeah, yeah, yeah - if you've never, ever missed a deer because you got "buck fever", then you've not done very much deer hunting.

Doug Miller

At nine years of age I was left in a tree stand, in an abandoned cemetery at dark thirty, with a .22 rifle and instructed to only shoot for the head ... if I even saw a buck.

Even though my right leg was doing an uncontrollable dance by itself due to the excitement the minute that six pointer walked into the graveyard at dawn, I was the only one on that hunt that scored.

I've hunted at time or two ... and as you know, hunters like to rub it in a bit. ;>)

Reply to
Swingman

Just ribbin you Doug. I do not know of any one in Texas that has not done that. Trying to hold the gun still can be a real problem especially when you are excited. Typically though I think we would actually poop our pants if were able to get within 25 feet of a deer that was not been acclimated to human contact or tied up. LOL

Reply to
Leon

*Twice* I've been within SIX FEET of a *monster* buck, and totally unable to get a shot off.

The first time, I was bow-hunting at the edge of a field; he snuck up from behind me. I saw him coming out of the corner of my eye and tried to turn slowly but he saw the movement, so I froze. He walked up to only five or six feet away and stood there staring at me and sniffing. I guess I must have moved a bit too much for his liking, because he suddenly jumped and ran, and I never saw him again.

The second time, I was hunting in an area that can be reached only by boat. I used a canoe so as to make as little noise as possible. Paddled into a small cove with a bit of a beach at the bottom of a five-foot-high bluff where the woods begin. Beached the canoe. Need to relieve myself. Don't want to pee in the lake, so I walked over to the base of the bluff. I had _just_finished_ when I heard him coming. Then I saw him. Oh. My. Gosh. Huge, absolutely huge. And less than five yards away. Guess where my gun was... five steps away, in the canoe. Turned my back to him and just stood there. He walked up _right_ behind me -- two feet at most, he's on the top of this five-foot bluff, I'm standing at the bottom of it) and sniffed me over, then just walked away as I stood there unarmed and unable to move.

Doug Miller

YES! and scissors are next! *rofl*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

and wear an eye patch over his right eye..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

It's interesting - places like HOme Depot won't stock the blade right saws - they only have blade left, so I went to buy it at Sears.

But I have cut with both types of saws, and I prefer the blade right as I am right handed.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
USENET READER

No, the left eye - that was the problem. I'm right-handed, left-eyed.

There was an article a few years back in American Hunter that said you're better off shooting with your dominant *eye* and recommended that people with this type of cross dominance should learn to shoot with the non-dominant hand.

I just can't manage to feel comfortable that way. Not with a long gun, anyhow. It's no problem at all for me to shoot a pistol right-handed and left-eyed.

Doug Miller

on 4/6/2005 12:22 PM USENET READER said the following:

Don't know about yours but I've seen both blade right and blade left at the BORG I've visited.

If you order on-line you'll find a wide selection of both right and left bladed, direct and worm drive saws by a variety of manufacturer's

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Whats the matter, you couldn't jump on him and break his neck?

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Didja note the part where I said he was at the *top* of a small bluff, and I was at the *bottom* ? :-) Woulda been quite a prodigious leap, I tellya. Atlhough now that you mention it, I mighta had enough adrenaline flowing to manage it, if I had thought of it...

Doug Miller

I had to qualify with all the rifles and assorted crap right handed in the army.. never fired them that way for real, though..