right angle drill

Page 2 of 3

I got the Makita when I was in a tight spot (HA! pun intended) and have been very happy with it.
If you're not going to use it all day, every day, is seems to be a good bang for the buck.
Joe C.
(all standard disclaimers apply)

You might also consider something like this: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber187
I have one from HF that works great for the occasional use. It's not this model but an all metal unit but for the life of me, I can't find it on their website at the moment. Cheers, cc
I got a close quarter drill from JM Tools in Riverside, CA, for $29,95 plus shipping. It is almost a clone of the Milwaukee. I use it as a sander for my bowls. It is a slow speed model and I haven't burned it up after about 40 hours of use with a 3 inch disc. robo hippy
The Dewalt 18v is available at Amazon.com for $215 (see (Amazon.com product link shortened)"8013&nP7846&s=hi&v=glance). I have this drill, like it very much and use it all the time. Very high torque.

Check out ebay. You can find the Dewalt for around $75 for the drill only if you already have batteries and don't want the whole kit.
Bruce

I've had a MAkita right angle drill for 14 years and I use it a lot an dI've never had any problems with it.
Gregg Replicas of 15th-19th century nautical navigational instruments, Restoration of my 1919 Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat, and Steambending FAQ with photos:
http://home.comcast.net/~saville/index.html
If you're looking for a cordless right angle, I got my 9.6v Makita pretty cheap on ebay.
They're reasonably priced brand new at any of the Borg's too.
John

so
dI've
Swingman wrote:

You won't hear anything from me. Afterall, it was just a week or so we discussed automobiles and the Corvair I used to own. We used to part at the airport and . . . . . . . . Oh, back to DeWalt
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Edwin Pawlowski said:

Heh, heh, heh... I (mis)spent much of my youth in the back seat of a '66 Corvair ;-)
Greg G.
"Greg G." wrote in message

Try a Renault 4CV. Where there's a will there's a way ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/05
Greg G. wrote:

I didn't misspend any time that way, but I spent a bit of time. You might want to consider the FRONT seat of a '60 Studebaker Lark 2 door. No room for 6'2" in the back seat. I'm shorter now, but bigger around, so it all equals out, I guess.

I got a Milwaukee a few years ago when I ran into this problem. Went with the corded version; it seems to be well built.
"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Good to hear that. I just ordered a reconditioned, corded Milwaukee close quarter from Tool King last night (Robatoy's second choice) and we'll see how it goes. I have a tailed 1/2" Milwaukee that I bought a few years ago that has been a good performer.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/05
Toller wrote:

I might as well pipe in, too, then ;)
What I do when I need to drive a screw in a tight spot is use a socket wrench with a Phillips bit adapter. Something along these lines:
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
Of course, I rather seldom need to drive screws in tight areas, so YMMV.
-John

I do a lot of bowl sanding, which is a drill killer... wanted the Milwaukee close quarter but couldn't justify the cost.. Ended up with a chiwanese clone from ebay for about $30 including shipping, and it's been doing a great job for the last few months.. YMMV
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
: Seems like every time I turn around these days I am running across the need : to drill/screw in tight spots (yeah, Edwin ... go ahead and pun away) so : I've decided to bite the bullet.
: Makita look$ like it may be the be$t a$ far a$ $ize and the ability to both : drill and $crew, but ouch$$!
Search Google for recent posts on rec.crafts.woodturning. A lot of people have been pleased with a $29.99 close-quarters drill from JM Tools in Riverside, CA. Woodturners use them pretty heavy-handedly, and these seem a good bargain (I bought two, but haven't used them yet).
    -- Andy Barss
I bought the 12V DeWalt a couple years back on Amazon for about $120 or so. Got two batteries to share with my other 12V DeWalt tools. Works great but the reverse switch is hard to use compared to other DeWalt tools.

"Swingman" wrote in message news:...

FedEx delivered the corded 3/8 Milwaukee "close quarter" yesterday, put it right to work drilling shelf pin holes in an existing cabinet ... puuurrrfect!
Thanks for all the input.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/05
Swingman wrote:

Hate to say that I told you so, but... <g>
Sweet, isn't it?