Ridgid Vacuum

Page 2 of 2
On 10/7/11 10:58 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

How does that work? How do you get around the hole?
--

-MIKE-

The drain? I don't.
On 10/7/11 12:22 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

On my vac and every other shop vac I've seen there is an inlet hole in the bucket where the vac hose comes in. If I were to just throw a plastic bag in there it would cover up that inlet hole.
--

-MIKE-

On 10/07/11 1:29 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I have an older Ridgid, the hose attaches to the lid, not the pail, putting a trash bag over pail, then attaching the lid would work without any problems.
--
Froz...

On 10/7/11 12:44 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Nice. I might start looking for an older Ridgid. That would be very convenient.
--

-MIKE-

On 10/07/11 3:01 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

It is a noisy SOB though. :-)
--
Froz...

Mine is an older Sears. The inlet is in the lid/motor piece. I hadn't even noticed that they'd moved them.
On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 10:58:43 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Lee Valley Tools has a standalone autostart device should you be interested. http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?pc013&cat=1,240,41065&ap=1

This one is nice because it recognizes the possibility that you would need to run the tool & the vacuum off separate circuits.
Doug White