Ridgid TS Hercu-lift

I just finished putting the Herculift on my Ridgid table saw, I am it seems it only lifts it maybe a 1/4 of inch. Since the floor where I use it isn't exactly level, the feet scrape when I try and move it...

Is this normal or did I install it incorrectly?

Thanks!

Reply to
TBM

I have an older one and I believe that is about normal. Will check for sure and let you know if different.

mbr

Reply to
gadgetman

If you screw the feet further into the legs they will be up higher when you activate the lift. However the foot pedal will go up at a steeper angle when lowered.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Leuf, thanks for the reply. The feet are up as high as they will go before the unit is still on the wheels even after I release the latch (hope that makes sense)....

I went to the local HD to check out the display model, and it appears that whoever attempted to put it together gave up half way through, as half of it wasn't even attached to the frame... lol

Reply to
TBM

Reply to
Malathan

The only thing that would prevent the saw from coming down more should be the amount of slack you have at the bolts where the lift connects to the legs. I have enough slack in mine to lift the foot pedal up so that is even with the bottom of the gray bracing between the legs. If you have as much slack as you can get then I think you have as much lift as you can get out of it. You already have more lift than I have set on mine, I don't move it very much and the floor is pretty flat in that area.

You could try adding something either to the upper or lower section where they bear on each other. That should make them engage each other sooner but not require so much of an angle. It would need to be out of metal but you could try sticking a piece of wood in there as a proof of concept.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf