Ridgid TS 3650 table saw

I'm in the market for a new table saw in the $500 to $600 range. Today I spotted the Ridgid TS3650 at our local Borg for $570. Any oppinions out there concerning the table saw. Is it a keeper or a boat anchor? The new saw will be replacing a 25 year old Wards 10" saw.

Reply to
RnJPhoto

I have a ridgid TS2424. The left miter slot is .750", which is smaller than the .755" of the big name saws, and .753" of many extra equipment, like the Delta Tenoning tool. My accu-miter precision miter gauge fit, *barely*, but wouldn't move.

So, check to see what size the slots are. If they haven't changed them, you're in for some future frustration. The finish of the table is a little rough, as well. My saw is fine for me, but I'm a relative newbie.

IMO, get as much saw as you can afford. It's one of the most important tools you will own.

Reply to
Sammy

Sorry, one more thing: Grizzly has a cabinet saw that gets kudos because it gets the job done and is affordable. Maybe a couple of hundred dollars more. (I think it's this one:

I have had some trouble with their products of late, a couple of things came cracked right out of the box, and missing bolts, etc. But people here like them, their CS is great, so give them a look.

Reply to
Sammy