Ridgid tools no longer being made

Heard that Ridgid tools will no longer make their power tool line only vacs.

vacs.
Ridgid woodworking tools won't be made by Emerson Tool Co. Home Depot will market some other woodworking tools with the Ridgid brand name on them.

One World Technologies (OWT) will be the supplier of "Emersons RIDGID brand bench top and stationary woodworking power tool products," according to Ridge Tool Co. press release (http://www.ridgid.com/brand_release.pdf ) dated July 1, 2003. The new products are slated to be on The Home Depot shelves in August.
OWT parent company TechTronic Industries Company Limited also owns Ryobi Technologies, Inc.
Cheers,
Lowell
ACK!! Home Depot will now peddle Ryobi tools with their house brand on them??

I can't imagine Ryobi with a life time warranty.
On 28 Jul 2003 02:26:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RPRESHONG) wrote:

I've had excellent luck with customer service at Ryobi.
Have a nice week...
Trent

It's quite possible you can get parts for the next 1000 years, but:
1. Home Depot is not Sears. 2. True, Emerson is still in business, but not in the business of making machines under contract for Home Depot. What sort of contract did they have? Are the machines supported by Emerson or Home Depot? If HD, who will make the parts in the future? 3. Home Depot is not Sears. (I think I already said that ;-))
All I'm saying is, don't be surprised...
Cheers, Eric
Sears is no better than anyone else. Went to get a new control for garage door opener. Sorry no longer carry that type. went to get a new chain and bar for my chain saw Sorry no longer carry parts for that saw. All they want to do is sell new stuff so now I go elsewhere
Harold

will
Sears already does..
Rob

vacs.
True, once present stock is sold, they are going to be replaced by the Turgid brand. They are said to be more reliable in the end. Ed
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

It's good to keep your tool turgid.

the
Which end?
I heard that Ridgid will be replaced by Tumescent Tools, an upstanding company. Oddly TT is a division of Flaccid Software, Inc.     mahalo,     jo4hn
skip tracer wrote:

I guess that will make my Ridgid tools much harder to sell used.
Rob

vacs.
Eric Lund writes:

I dunno. How about the replacement parts warranty on the Craftsman radial arm saws? How old are some of those, the ones getting free guards, tables, etc.?
Charlie Self
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." James Madison