Ridgid ROS 2600 and 2610

I know this has been discussed before, but some quick searches came up empty. Sorry. Pt me to them if you wish.
What are your thoughts on the 2610, 6" ROS, with 2 orbit selections?
What about the 5" 2600?
If one had the 2610, is there any reason to consider the 2600?
I have an old PC 5" "sticky" paper ROS, the 7335 I believe it is, and I have a DW 1/4" sheet palm sander. The palm leaves a lot of visible scratch marks, and DC on both is horrible.
I tried a Fein at the WW show, with their shopvac, and DC was very impressive. The 2610 looks to be quite similar in the DC design.
Does anyone happen to have the latest mag reviews on ROSes?
nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote:

Last time I checked, the Fein with TurboIII was over a 1000 dollars. The Festool RO150E is a better deal and a better machine. ($695 for both sander and CT22 sucker..freight paid in 48 states, I believe. http://www.http://specialtytools.com But you have to do a lot of sanding to get your money out of either.
Then there is a ROS 2610 with a ShopVac 10-gallon unit with a 1 micron bag. Not as elegant, way noisier, but almost as good as the above mentioned units. Best bang for the buck, IMHO. The vac won't last as long, but you're not paying close to 400 smackeroonies either. The ROS2610 (Identical to a Metabo), like the Fein and Festool Rotex is made in Germany. So the price is going to change soon.
Then, for a quick scuff of a jewelbox or cribbage board, there is always this one: (I hope this link works) http://www.specialtytools.com/cgi-bin/web_store/web_store.cgi?page=sander s/surcare/tetrad.html&cart_id917_27906
*G*
0?0
I have the shopvac now (and got a spare handy if needed).
So your vote is the 2610. I'm agreeing.
Any thoughts on the 0.25 and 0.125 orbits? Does it really work?

nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote:

Indeed it works. At the 1/4" setting with some 120 grit, man, you can move material. Make sure you want to *S* Some 220 on the 1/8" setting...smooth as a baby's bottom.
You'll be happy with that 2610.
It is very easy on the hands after a long day. Well balanced.
Hi, Does the 2610 have a provision to accept PSA paper? Thanks, JG
Robatoy wrote:

JGS wrote:

I don't think so; it uses hook and loop paper.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf
my PC 7335 is PSA. hook/loop was way more costly 10 years ago when I bought it. But now the price is maybe 2x, and I easily waste that ratio in pulling them on/off. So, h/l w/ holes for DC is my choice now.
On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:31:11 -0500, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote:

I bought one last year after reading a favorable review and I've been happy with it. It was one of those "most bang for the buck" deals.... not the best one reviewed but the best value. I can't remember which magazine I read it in.... no matter. It's a good sander.

I can't think of one.

The 2610 has a little bag with a cage that you can use or you can hook it up to a shop vacuum. Obviously the shop vacuum is more effective but the bag is useable. Would I buy this sander again? Sure.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf
yeah, i'd definitely be using it w/ a shopvac; maybe get the tool switch that starts the vac when the tool is started
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 21:59:57 -0500, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"