Ridgid Powertools 3 year and extended warranty

Hello All, In the last 2 years I have bought 2 drills/drivers from Skill. After a year of use, the batteries die out and I have to buy a new drill/driver ('cuase the batteries are very expensive). Anyway, I saw this extended warranty stuff for Ridgid drills/drivers (or Powertools in general). Is that for real? Can they replace the batteries for free once the battery is dead? Can anybody please help me with this?
Thanks

with Ridgid for a "lifetime" warranty. They rejected it saying my receipt from HD was invalid. I expect that is what they will say when you try to get replacement batteries.

When the tool was purchased would determine when and if the particular tool has a lifetime warranty. I suspect you did not purchase during the time frame that the lifetime warranty was being offered.
I do know that the life time warranty was first offered several years ago for a brief period and several years later the lifetime warranty was reinstated.

lifetime if you sent in the receipt. They rejected my receipt as being invalid. Odd that HD receipts are invalid.

should send them "valid" receipts, but, as I mentioned in my ignored e-mail, that was impossible, since they had the originals, as requested.
Not that an original would last three years anyway. I staple my receipts inside the covers of the tool manual, and the greasy thermal paper is blank in a year. Think it might be designed that way?
Toller wrote:

I bought a Ridgid brad nailer from HD and had no problems registering for the lifetime warranty.
No idea why yours would have issues.
Chris
You gonna take that crap from HD. Get on the phone and keep going up the ladder until you get what you want. Get a lawyer friend to write them a letter. Call the local tv station. Don't take that crap laying down.
Toller wrote:

Next time buy a Dewalt. Cycle the batteries by using them until they are properly discharged and then recharge them. Don't keep them in the charger until you need them. Then you probably won't have to test the warranty.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

problem and now have a reference number for that warranty. I haven't seen it advertised in the store recently and suspect that the "lifetime" warranty is not always available.
On Jul 2, 7:15 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I bought a Ridgid 18v drill driver about a year ago to replace my Milwaukee (with dead batteries) which replaced my DeWalt (also with dead batteries). I bought the Ridgid because of the lifetime guarantee, which they say, includes coverage on the batteries.
Registering for the warrantee was a complete pain in the ass. Their website is totally non-intuitive and non-user friendly. I am sure it was all planned this way to wear down lesser dilligent applicants with hopes they will just give up and go away. After a few months waiting for them to approve my application, I now have my "certified" lifetime guarantee.
That said, the drill is just fine. If I can actually collect on the warranty when the batteries die, this tool will have been a very good investment. While I think their tools in general are a pretty good value, this kind of sleazy tactic leaves a very bad taste.
Chuck