Ridgid planer

Page 3 of 3
Charlie Self wrote:

http://www.cofanifunebri.it/calendario-2003.htm
Woodworking content. Click on "marzo-aprile", "luglio-agosto" etc.
2002 was "better" (?) but isn't on the site anymore.
-- Mark

The last Ridgid tools calendar I saw was probably c 1979. The models were all posed with Ridgid tools, and there was a brief paragraph describing each of the featured tools.
--

FF

Fredfigher responds:

You're right. Sorry. Shows what age does to memory. Want a rationale (may not be the actual reason): the shots in this calendar are stock shots; doing their own shots would have cost a much larger bundle of spondulix.
Charlie Self "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold." Mark Twain
On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:34:53 -0600, Terry Parker

current manufacturer...and who knows what LOW bidder will get the :job" next year....
Personally I WOULD buy a Ridgid Planer... I own a trouble free DeWalt but I do like the "looks" of the Ridgid....
As for their Joiner,Bandsaw or Table Saw and especially their lathe I would pass .... I just do not see much in these machines that would cause me to open my wallet.... The Lathe would require them to pay me to take it home ...
Bob Griffiths
At the prices they are asking for the wood lathe ($199), they are practically paying you to take it. I paid $300 for that lathe (Sears at the time) around 1973. It is not the greatest, but it was sufficient to make many of a lamp, TV stand and other early american furniture and now legs for a kitchen table for my son.