Ridgid Palm Nailer

I knew that one of the Strong-Ties I was going to be putting in was in a position that would be awkward to nail, so, somewhat on a whim, I picked up a Ridgid pneumatic palm nailer. I LIKE THIS TOOL. Turns out that not only does it drive 16d nails anywhere that there's room to fit it, but I find that I can position a nail very precisely with it--set the point exactlyh where I want it, set the angle, and it holds both all the way in. Doesn't have to be square on the nail head--if the nail is cocked in the tool a good bit it still goes in, just if it's too cocked it won't go down flush and may need a final whack with the hammer (but that might be adjustable--I haven't played with the depth adjustment on it yet.

Note that it's not a one-and-done nailer, it's more of an air hammer, so the nail doesn't have to go all the way down if you don't want it to.

I can tell I'm going to use the crap out of this thing.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Welcome to the club. CP

Reply to
MOP CAP

Sounds like something you need for crucifixions.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I bought a Senco brand palm nailer about 8~9 years ago and completely built a storage shed with the tool. I have about 6 different guns and this one fill the small gaps between them all. I used it a lot until I bought a framing nail gun.

Reply to
Leon