Ridgid Not Making Its Tools Anymore?

Ridgid aka Ridge have apparently they sold their tools manufacturing to the Chinese? What gives? Isn't anything made here anymore?

Reply to
mkochsch

Which tools? Last time I heard (I may be wrong) the plumbing tools were all US. The power tools they use as a Home Depot store brand, however, are made by Ryobi (Taiwanese) and Emerson.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

It was an article in FWW December issue. ~m

Reply to
mkochsch

This is copied and pasted from an earlier post of mine on this subject. You can search google to find discussions on this.

-----

In the new Tools and Shops issue of Fine Woodworking, they have an article on page 34 talking about the new Rigid tool line.

Here are a few quotes I found informative

",the company (Ridge Tool Co.) will license the Rigid brand name to the One World Technologies, which will build the tools overseas." "One World Technologies is part of Techtronic Industries (TTI), a Hong Kong company." "TTI has owned Ryobi Power Tools in North America since August 2000. TTI also builds some power tools for the Sears/ Craftsman line." "In addition, Ridge Tools has revised its product warranty for this new line. Instead of the previous lifetime warranty, which covered material defects and workmanship, the company now has a 90-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year limited warranty."

--------

Reply to
Frank Ketchum