Ridgid Jointer: Is this a good deal?

Hi,
Found a floor model Ridgid Jointer for $280. Looks a little dinged up, but mostly okay. What do folks think, is this something I shouldn't pass up?
Anybody know if the new Ridgid manufacturer is still making jointers (so replacement parts may still be available in the future?)
I've already succumbed to the good prices on their 12" CMS and 13" planer. Am I investing too heavily in Ridgid?
Thanks!
On 19 Feb 2004 12:43:15 -0800, c snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (c r) wrote:

I have one, and would gladly pay $280 for one in excellent shape. I'd probably go about $200-225 for good to very good condition.
I have a standing offer of $275 for mine, in very good shape with an extra set of knives, to be exercised when I find a suitable 8" machine.
The 6" Ridgid is $379 new in most Home Depots.
Barry
c remora asks:

Yeah, they're still making them. Check out www.ridgid.com.

If the tools work for you, then you're investing wisely. If they don't, you're in too far already.
Charlie Self "Health food makes me sick." Calvin Trillin
I called Ridgid and ask them if parts were still available, and they told me no problem. I own a shop full of Ridgid equipment, and was wondering if I should do the EBay thing or not. The answer is not.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.