Ridgid jointer at $299?

Our local borg had the Ridgid JP0610 on sale for $299. This one seems to be the old grey models (US made Emerson I believe). Looking back at the old wreck postings and every other source I can put my hands on, it seems to be a decent jointer. Any thoughts? Damned good price. I know, there are loyalists for every brand. Has anyone heard anything bad about this jointer?

Reply to
Chip

I'm happy with mine, and it's the only Ridgid tool I own. It works as well as any other 6" jointer with an approximately 4 long bed.

Jointers aren't exactly rocket science, and mine is plenty straight and flat.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Reply to
Mapdude

Done! Actually, went back for it. It was the floor model. No instructions (printing from Ridgid's web site as I type this). Also, no angle gauge (I think I can find a 90 and 45 degree angle gauge somewhere) and no push blocks.

I negotiated for another 15% off bringing the $449 jointer down to $254 plus tax.

Now I clean it up and start making saw dust! Should I retitle this as a gloat?

Reply to
Chip

Way to go Chip! You'll like it I'm sure. Let me know if you don't get the manual printed or anything and I'll copy mine and send it to you. As far as the angle gauge goes, you got it going on with a try square. Push blocks are cheap at Sears. Have fun, make much dust!

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Easily solved, as you know.

Absolute crap, you won't miss it. The only reason I kept mine is for the next owner of my jointer. So the machine can be sold as "complete" when I get that DJ-20!

Make some from MDF and old mouse pads, or $10 a pair at many local tool stores.

You suck!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y