RHYTHM BOX

Safely, Jim Barry

Woodchuck Canuck

very cool, I might be able to slip one more project in before 12/25. Anyone got the plans handy? I'd hate to wing it on those fingers.

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

I saw collection of these (more properly known as tongue drums) in a shop in St. Michael's MD. Of special note was on particular piece, where the craftsman (sorry I forget his name) has build a large one as part of a coffee table. It looked beautiful, sounded absolutely amazing (the larger size of the resonator box proved very beneficial to the lower frequency tones) and it was a functional table to boot. Had it not been $4500 I would've bought it on the spot!

8^)

A friend of mine is actually taking up woodworking specifically to build tongue drums; if anyone has any good links to plans, tips, etc. I'd love to pass them on to him!

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Dan,

I found a plan at Porter Cable's site.

If you''re not a membeer, there's a free sign up. Then you have access to over a dozen free downloadable projects. There's a Tongue OBx (almost the smae thing) in the listing. Woodwokr Safely, Jim Barry

WoodchuckCanuck

Thanks!

-Dan V.

Reply to