RHYTHM BOX

http://www.imaging.robarts.ca/~amulder/wood/p.beatbox / Woodwork Safely, Jim Barry http://www.DownloadWoodworkingPlans.com
very cool, I might be able to slip one more project in before 12/25. Anyone got the plans handy? I'd hate to wing it on those fingers.
-Dan V.
On 11 Dec 2004 18:10:28 -0800, "Woodchuck Canuck"

Dan,
I found a plan at Porter Cable's site. http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e02 If you''re not a membeer, there's a free sign up. Then you have access to over a dozen free downloadable projects. There's a Tongue OBx (almost the smae thing) in the listing. Woodwokr Safely, Jim Barry http://www.WoodchuckCanuck.com
Thanks!
-Dan V.
On 13 Dec 2004 14:12:43 -0800, "WoodchuckCanuck"
I saw collection of these (more properly known as tongue drums) in a shop in St. Michael's MD. Of special note was on particular piece, where the craftsman (sorry I forget his name) has build a large one as part of a coffee table. It looked beautiful, sounded absolutely amazing (the larger size of the resonator box proved very beneficial to the lower frequency tones) and it was a functional table to boot. Had it not been $4500 I would've bought it on the spot! 8^)
A friend of mine is actually taking up woodworking specifically to build tongue drums; if anyone has any good links to plans, tips, etc. I'd love to pass them on to him!
Brian