REXON ST2500A Sliding table saw.

Has anybody had any experiance with this saw? It seems a good deal at 549 from screwfix with sliding table.
Any reason why I can't find any reviews or mention of this product on groups or website?
Any comments greatly appreciated.

Hey Paul, it's Paul:

A contractor buddy of mine had a smaller rexxon 10inch saw. It was a great little saw, don't have any clue what model number. His saw was lighter than most contractor saws, but much better than any benchtop. It was direct drive, but nearly as smooth as a belt driven (as a matter of fact, the smoothest direct drive I have ever seen) and quiet. Seemed well built, but it was an old tube style fence. He still uses it today, and I think he found it in a pawn shop for around $70.

When I first saw his saw several years ago, I tried to look for info. There was nothing. Haven't looked since.

hth -- Paul
If at first you do succeed, try and hide your astonishment.
549 GBP seems about the going rate, with Screwfix having the advantage of free delivery. A Google search on "Rexon ST2500A" gets about 20 hits. Watch out, though - some of the sites found are confusing the ST2500A with the cheaper and less capable BT2500A, so if you see a "bargain" at around 250GBP, check the specs.
FWIW, I have a Rexon Dust Extractor. Good solid robust piece of kit.
HTH
Frank

Frank McVey wrote:

FWIW, I have a Rexon drill press. It's painted black and says Crapsman on the cover. I'm happy to own it.