Rewire Jet SuperSaw for 230V?

Just got 240V service in the garage. I'll get around to rewiring the saw from 110 to 220V.

I *recall* hearing or reading from someone that the wiring diagram in the manual or on the motor was incorrect.

[ Or maybe the comment was they were amazed that it was correct.]

I forget. Me n' Dory suffer from short term memory loss. It runs in our family. Or at least we think it does...

Before I embark on this - has anyone here rewired the saw from 110 to 220V? If so - are there any words of wisdom I need to keep in mind?

Thank you!

Reply to
patrick conroy

My Jet saw manual was correct. The Jet drill press manual was incorrect. Both tools had a diagram inside the motor housings which were accurate. My dealer says always go by what's in the motor housing.

If you are not sure of yourself on what to do, get some help. Its a simple job but not something you want to mess up. Also get over the reluctance of changing the plug on your precious tool. Just grab your side cutters and whack it off. It doesn't hurt very long.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Thanks Bob!