Reverse Gloat

For those who were commenting on me delivery my planer to Houston:
I just sold a whole bunch of Bessy K-body clamps, 24" and 36", for $35 a pair, got that A PAIR.
Eat your hearts out :)
(Sorry for wasting the bandwidth)
Frank

For my part, I thought your "no-I-won't-deliver-to-Houston" was perfectly understated and hilarious.

My question is, "why in the world would you sell a bunch (whole or otherwise) of Bessey K-bodies" in the first place," and, "why so far below market value," in the second?

Well, yeah. I must have missed your FS posting--thanks...
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Divorced. Living in apartment. No shop space. Everything in storage 1-1/2 years, rusting. Storage cost $180 per month. Got it?
F.

FRANK LUFF wrote:

Got it! What else needs saving from the ravages of time, moisture and storage?
Remember, we're all here to help you<g>

Sorry.
Been there. Lived in a condo for four years before moving into this house.

I made some drawers for a kitchen remodel out in the yard. Had all of my hand power tools, plus a small workbench, and one of my roll-around tool chests in the spare bedroom. Didn't sell anything.

A) K-bodies don't take up much space. Surely a closet... 2) K-bodies don't rust.

Geez, how much storage do you have? When I had four units going (two of them 10x20, the other two were smaller) I wasn't paying much more than that. Now that I'm down to two (the big two), I'm paying quite a bit less than that.

Well, no, quite frankly. I'd have sold my Unisaw, or my DC-380, maybe even one of the kids, before I'd have sold a single K-body, especially at divorce prices...oh.
Oh, well.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Don't feel sorry. It was one of the best things I ever did for my self.
Do you know why divorces are so expensive?
They're worth it.
I did keep a Veritas 4-1/2 smoother and Lie Nielson dovetail saw. I could pick up a couple of good panel saws, rip and cross cut, a good jack and jointer plane, maybe a scrub plane and build just about anything I want out on my patio, without all the noise and dust.
Maybe I should have kept the Bessys, but newly divorced people don't think clearly. I believe it is better for someone to put them to good use than for me to hide them in a closet. You know, all of us wooddorkers are in this together. If we don't help each other who will?
F. (sorry for wasting the bandwidth)

Sounds like you lost money on the clamps.
Ahhhh Yeaaa - Hence the subject line REVERSE Gloat. It's a gloat for some one else not me.
F.

Hey, don't think I don't appreciate the deal on the clamps, not to mention the Delta 16 1/2" drill press, 1 hp Powermatic mortiser(with a full set of chisels), 6 inch Jet jointer, not to mention the forstner and boremax bits you threw in for good measure. Thanks for the great deals Frank. Those clamps are gonna come in mighty handy! Much appreciated. Thomas

Thomas, you didn't have to rub it in.
F.

Yeh, I know how you feel. Today I sold a nice lathe with copying jig, tools, stand, and other accessories for $70. Cost over $500. I felt like crap.
No wait... I bought it for $70. I feel great. Sorry...