Reverse Crown Moulding

What is "reverse crown moulding" as compared to, I guess "normal" crown moulding? Tks

Reply to
Johnny_A_58

Used along the floor.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Basically, what it implies ... trim that angles down and away from the room, instead of up and toward the room.

CAVEAT: It might well be a regional thing.

Around this area, you see the term used for trim on the bottom of wall cabinets, where the top part of the trim stands out from the cabinet and tapers back toward the wall at the bottom ... the "reverse" of what crown molding does at the juncture of wall and ceiling.

I've also seen the term used when using multi-part crown molding in room, and the bottom part, or profile, is also used as the baseboard (at the juncture of the wall and floor).

YMMV, depending upon where you live, IME.

Reply to
Swingman