restoring cupboards

I have a cupboard that is about 10 years old. It's just your average basic tract house cupboard. It has an oak finish. I would like to know how i can restore it. The only thing wrong with it is it has a dull finish from over the years. I'm afraid if I sand it, I will not be able to get it to match the other cupboards. Any suggestions?

Reply to
smith_bp101

| I have a cupboard that is about 10 years old. It's just your average | basic tract house cupboard. It has an oak finish. I would like to | know how i can restore it. The only thing wrong with it is it has a | dull finish from over the years. I'm afraid if I sand it, I will | not be able to get it to match the other cupboards. Any suggestions?

Mine oak cabinets were about 15 years old and still sound - but looking pretty dull. I gave 'em a good cleaning (Dawn detergent and warm water), applied paste wax, and buffed by hand with a soft cloth (old T-shirt). A year and a half later, they still look new.

Morris Dovey

wrote

[ Snip ]

Murphy's Oil Soap followed by a good waxing. Do all the cupboards and you'll appreciate how well they again match.

Regards

Reply to
Rick M

Reply to