Rest in Peace, Mr. Ritchie

Page 3 of 4

I know the name - and have one of their earliest books.
C on the PDP 11/70, anyone?
John
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:26:28 -0400, news wrote:

I'll "C" that and raise you a Z80-based CP/M systen :-).
And yes, it was a pretty full implementation - Eco-C. IIRC, it generated either 8080 or Z80 assembler source.

As a young computer science enthusiast I had my copy of K&R always available whenever I was doing procedural code. At first object code still had chunks of C and other procedural code in in but eventually object code made K&R irrelevant.
As far as your hate on Gates and Jobs, please stop using all computer technologies now or consider yourself a complete hypocrite. And don't go calling me on your iPhone and ranting either or send me any mail from your Outlook client.
On 10/14/2011 11:45 AM, Jack wrote:

How fortuitous timing... :) I just very recently finished reading Jack Ganssle's article "C Sucks" in his newsletter "The Embedded Muse 214"
<http://www.ganssle.com/tem/tem214.htm
Couldn't have said it better meself... :)

Bah! I can: http://www.jwz.org/doc/java.html . . .

Fuck off, you little weasel.
On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 15:08:50 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

-- ...in order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work. -- John Ruskin
Damn Canadian trolls and they should know better, too.
--------------- "Robatoy" wrote in message wrote:

Fuck off, you little weasel.
On 10/16/2011 5:08 PM, Robatoy wrote:

DIRECT HIT!
Battle ship sunk!

Not even close. m II's ship is still logging miles on this traffic.
-- Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden. Which is why so few people have them. So few people can handle it. -- Hugh Macleod
On 10/17/2011 11:13 AM, Leon wrote:

Robocop couldn't sink a dinky boat let alone a battle ship!
--
Jack

I can sink any size vessel if I fill it with your bullshit, Jack.

30? 40? Man, oh man! Do I have a bridge to sell you! Try 500% for starters... Withness the crap that has been the world economy since the GFC - is anyone seriously complaining? Hey, if they can find the suckers - and obviously they can - then all the power to them.

500% profit margin? What universe do you live in?

On Oct 18, 10:36am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

The one of reality.

Obviously not. Give me *ONE* example of a company with a 500% profit margin.
...gotta hear this one!
On Oct 18, 11:52am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Actually if you are hearing anything, then you got a big problem. I am writing, not talking. There is a difference...
Still: try the companies mentioned in the OP, that is the context I made my statement in. Familiar with the "context" word?

Clueless.
Are you familiar with *any* of the terms you throw around? I didn't think so.

Says the clueless loon.

IKWUABWAI? I guess that is your best argument yet. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
Clueless loons never know that they're clueless loons. However, they do try to hijack threads. Didn't work, loon.

Pure stupidity. You are either a 20-something text adict or you are simply too lazy to type a comprehensive sentence - expecting everyone else to either understand or to look up your "acronyms".
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net