That's really pretty low. Actually, it's stealing. Nothing particularly admirable about that.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Some crooks feel pretty proud of stealing, willing to share their loots with others. There are crooks even in Canada!

Okay!! I am out of here. Bye.
************************************** I'm *not* a bad person. I simply made the mistake of getting involved with a *jack*ss*. Is it a coincidence that he lives on a farm? **************************************
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:56:52 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

Well sweetie when one is on as limited as a budget as I personally am and trying to raise 2 teenage sons on top of it, by myself I might add, without the physical help or the financial resources of a husband, I try to save money where I can.
I think my boys having full bellies at night, decent clean clothes to go to school in and a roof over thier heads every day is more important and much more admirable then buying pricey software at the computer store.
If it wasn't for the help of my father at times I do not know what we would do. If it wasn't for him I would not even have a computer or an internet connection. If it was not for him my boys would not even have had Christmas gifts or a Christmas dinner this past holiday season.
Before you know *exactly* what my living situation is do not judge me. I try my best each and every day but since my heart attack last year, my best is getting tougher to accomplish but I will try until they put me in that pine box, nail the lid shut and toss that first shovelfull of dirt over me.
************************************** I'm *not* a bad person. I simply made the mistake of getting involved with a *jack*ss*. Is it a coincidence that he lives on a farm? **************************************
<snip>
There are 2 points made in this thread:
1. It is generally considered unethical to use software without paying for it if you should have paid for it according to the license.
2. There is plenty of free software available for much of what one wants to do on a computer.
Personally, I didn't like Agent when I tried it years ago, after NS was giving me fits. Since then I have used Xnews with hardly a problem. It may take a few days getting used to it, but Agent was giving me fits as well.
--
Best regards
Han

Don't call me sweetie, my wife is the jealous type.

I made no judgments jamie. I don't know you at all so I have to take your word for who and what you are and that's fine by me. I made a simple statement. It's stealing, it's illegal and it's wrong. Justify it all you want, but the fact of the matter is that there are plenty of absolutely free programs out there that work just fine. You know that it's wrong and if you were the victim of someone stealing from you, I'm sure you'd have a lot to say about it. That would be your right. Dragging out the old "if you only knew how hard I have it" line really does not bring any justification to the matter. Do you know what the living conditions of anyone in this newsgroup are? Are you certain that there are not plenty of people in situations similar to yours? Maybe a lot of them pirate software too, but they don't brag about it in a usenet post and offer to share the ill gotten gains. Maybe a lot of them find alternatives to taking what is not theirs.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
[snip]

Sob. Another part of raising children (in my mind anyway) is imparting a sense of ethics and right or wrong. Bragging to the world about stealing software seems counter to that goal.
Kind of like smoking dope in front of them while telling them how bad it is for them.

to take what you need from too, right?
Back in the "old days", if you didn't have the bucks to pay, you didn't play... I guess things have changed a lot.. Maybe it's time to see just how much Steve Knight is making on his planes, cuz I have a wife, 4 kids, 2 ex wives and a dozen grandkids and maybe it would be ok to just take one from him since he's making money and I can't afford a hand built plane..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Take two. But send me one, OK?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
So, do you teach these boys that it's OK for mommy to steal? Do you steal the clothes you put on their back and the food you fill their bellies with? Why is it different with software?
If you're going to whine about your situation, look at your ethics first.
-jtpr

She's psycho. People in other groups have been trying to encourage her to get help.