research is a good thing

like, duh, use a template to drill holes.
been looking at at books in a local library branch
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:05:49 +0000 (UTC)

libraries are good and i am glad they are still around internet is good too for finding information on drilling holes
but the best thing is to get some scraps and find your drilling mojo after a while you will start to get the feel for it
On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 12:14:28 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

The last time I used a drill in a library they asked me to leave.
On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 10:12:27 -0800 (PST)

maybe you chose to drill for the wrong thing they encourage drilling for knowledge and information
but no drilling wood you missed the sign

You shouldn't have been using one of those cheap Black & Decker grinder drills. You needed to bring a good quality drill, so that it won't disturb other patrons! Sometimes those Panasonics purr like a tribble, and who can resist that?
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 5:22:39 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrote:

I was under the impression that Hilti made good quality tools.
http://www.digdang.com/media/images/big_drilling_machine_18894.jpg
On 06 Nov 2015 22:22:34 GMT Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

are the panasonics really that quiet no idea that panasonic made tools
On 11/9/2015 5:32 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

Not really, but then no cordless drill is that loud unless the clutch engages. Then the Festool wins, the clutch is electronic and it simply sounds a tone and stops drilling when the clutch setting has been reached.

I bought my first Panasonic drill in 1990, IIRC They are top notch drills.
On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 17:40:02 -0600

top notch from you means near festool but not better

I would say absolutely equal in quality, especially back then. But Festool is absolutely more useful with the extra features.

I never said they were quiet, I said they sometimes purr like a Tribble. It's too bad they don't reproduce like, uh wait... forget that thought.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 10 Nov 2015 01:24:35 GMT Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

not that long ago i watched that episode it is a classic
it is interesting how many people know what a tribble is
On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 15:32:50 -0800, Electric Comet

I'm not surprised that you haven't heard of them. They're in the Festool class. ;-)

On Monday, November 9, 2015 at 9:24:13 PM UTC-5, krw wrote:

Give him a day or two. He'll be an expert on all things Panasonic.
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 21:24:09 -0500

more likely just because i do not spend much time talking about tools or researching them
i like using tools though