Resawing 12" heart pine

I asked a related question months earlier in this NG regarding hiring a portable bandmill to do this job, and the responses were very helpful. However, I'm leaning toward getting a large vertical bandsaw to do the job myself in small batches to minimize waste. Long planks would be cut into more manageable lengths as needed prior to resawing.

My material is all 3.5-9.5" thick, 11.5" wide, and very hard/dense. I need to resaw in order to make panels for cabinets etc. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing?

Brian

Reply to
brianc1959